Buffalo Wings

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
falvegas

Buffalo Wings

Post by falvegas » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:42 pm

Doin some BBQ and a few things for S-Bowl...Southwest Tri-Tip, and some Buffalo Wings ....Salsas.

Thought I'd try a diiferent way of doing Wings [only done em once before this way], it's by Robert Irvine

INGREDIENTS
2 Lbs Chicken Wings [some remove the Tips and split them in two, I don't]
2-TBS grapeseed Oil [or vegetable oile]
1-TBS each Sea Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper

SAUCE
FRANK'S Buffalo Wings Sauce [Red Hot Wings sauce]
OR - Make your own
2-Sticks Butter, softened
1/4-Cup Hot Sauce such as Cholula, Frank's, Tabasco etc.
1-Tsp Celery Seed
1-Tsp kosher or Sea Salt
Mix all ingredients in a bowl
Note- can also use Sauce of Choice e.g. Teriyaki w/Toasted Sesame Seeds OR BBQ Sauce of choice.

DIRECTIONS
Pre Heat Oven to 200 Deg. F
** Toss Wings in Oil - Salt- Pepper, and Place on a Sheet Pan
** Cook Wings ~ 90 Minutes [turning once]
** Remove from oven and let cool 30 minutes

FRYER
**Pre Heat Fryer to 375 Deg.
** Fry Wings 3 to 5 at a time till Crisp [~2 to 3 minutes, depending on size of Wings]
** Drain on Wire Rack with paper towels underneath.
** Toss Wings in Buffalo Wing Sauce [or sauce of choice] and Serve with Sour Cream Sauce or Dipping Sauce , & Julienne carrots and Celery.

Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Buffalo Wings

Post by Pixie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:24 pm

:thumbsup: I love Buffalo wings!!! Yummy.

I love them served with the traditional blue cheese dressing!!!!! I love blue cheese dressing. :lolh:

Two loves in one snack!!!!!

Fatherducque

Post by Fatherducque » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Buffalo Wings for ADD People

Put wings one layer deep in a microwave safe dish

Liberally cover with Louisiana Brand Hot Sauce (or equivalent "not so hot" pepper sauce.)

Microwave on high for 5 minutes.

Turn, cover other side with hot sauce and microwave on high for 3 minutes.

Let rest 5 minutes before eating so you don't burn yourself.

Put the next batch in the sauce in the dish and repeat.

Great for when the kid's soccer team shows up unexpectedly too.

If you use Tabasco sauce, use very sparingly!!!!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:41 pm

Really!!!!! Man if you get hit unexpectedly with a bunch that is a great recipe to have in the file!!!!

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:31 pm

Pixie wrote::thumbsup: I love Buffalo wings!!! Yummy.

I love them served with the traditional blue cheese dressing!!!!! I love blue cheese dressing. :lolh:

Two loves in one snack!!!!!
Oh Ya! I love Blue Cheese.
But this kid's very best favorite is Roquefort
especially with Beef.

But for Wings, one can do what they pretty much want. Teriyaki with Sesame is a favorite of some, even Fried Wings.

Personally, I like traditional, but 'for a Dip', one can integrate pretty much anything into Sour Cream; Various Hot Sauces, Blue/Roquefort cheese, BBQ Sauce, Chile & Cayenne etc......

Anyway, my Tri-Tip is done and resting on the Deck; It's great sliced thin on toasted Ciabatta Rolls with Roasted Peppers and Fontina Cheese. I'll also serve up some Focaccia Muffins baked with Jalapeno and Cheese.

62 Degrees here in the great Southwest...Perfect for BBQ. My Buffalo Wings will be done just about Kick-Off Time.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:33 pm

Oh, yeah Roquefort with beef, oh my gosh your making me hungry. Your Superbowl menu is fabulous as usual!!!!!

62 balmy degrees well we have had eight inches of snow today with four more expected before morning rush hour. :noparty: I can't complain as this is our first snowstorm of the season... but that doesn't mean I'm not grumbling under my breath. :lolh:

Have fun and enjoy the game!!!!

Good luck with your team.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:51 am

Pixie wrote:Oh, yeah Roquefort with beef, oh my gosh your making me hungry. Your Superbowl menu is fabulous as usual!!!!!

62 balmy degrees well we have had eight inches of snow today with four more expected before morning rush hour. :noparty: I can't complain as this is our first snowstorm of the season... but that doesn't mean I'm not grumbling under my breath. :lolh:

Have fun and enjoy the game!!!!

Good luck with your team.
How bout them PATS Huh? I'd calculated a 1.5 Point advantage [my spread sheet] for the Patriots...too close to call.

Ya, Roquefort...one of my weaknesses. Fortunately I'm the only one in the family that loves it....like, really loves it. :)

Food came out great, tri-Tip was perfect, took it out at 128 Deg ...they're still carving sandwiches from it. Wings were really good also, but I only had a few pounds, they disappeared in a flash.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:14 am

CONGRATULATIONS PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Fatherducque

Post by Fatherducque » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Pixie wrote:CONGRATULATIONS PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Don't you hate ANYBODY? :angry:

What is wrong with you???

:lol:

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:02 pm

:lolh: I come close to hating odumbo and his even more evil/white hating wife... but, no I don't hate anyone.

It's not that I care who won the Super Bowl but I do know that Falvegas has been a Pats fan his whole life, so I am happy they won.

I take it you didn't want them to win. :embarrassed:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:29 pm

I can align my feelings with Pixie. HATE is a counterproductive passion; usually I 'dislike something' or someone for specific, tangible reasons.
e.g. I dislike the Seahawks only because of a few really bad apples that go out of their way to 'detach required professionalism' [a lack of Civility] from what is one of the great teams.

And. Oh Ya, I have been a devout Patriots fan since 1962, they were the Boston Patriots at that time, I was a mere boy.

HOWEVA ...I do carry something close to Hate for King Barry and his Freak-Show Administration ...maybe it's best described as, repulsion, revulsion.

Staying with Thread; as far as food is concerned, there are very, very few Foods I Dislike, but there are some I simply refuse to eat e.g. live baby eels, live anything, bugs of any kind, Kidney dishes and dishes made with certain animal organs incl. Animal Brains, Snake, Alligator, certain small animals. Love most vegetables except, Rhubarb, Parsnips ....and a few others. I love Liver with mashed potatoes but it must be a quality Calves Liver ...and I do so love Foie Gras

There are come things the Orientals eat, not necessarily revolting to me, I simply do not get any gastronomical enjoyment out of them e.g. Sea Cucumbers and a few others with tentacles.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:38 pm

Who eats live baby eels? Which nation? That's definitely too much. I have eaten eel but I can guarantee you it was very dead.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:20 pm

Pixie wrote:Who eats live baby eels? Which nation? That's definitely too much. I have eaten eel but I can guarantee you it was very dead.
A story:
I was in Harvard Square, Cambridge, Mass; took a lunch break at a small French Restaurant [around the corner from Julia Childs home]. I ordered a poor-mans lunch, and glanced at the guy in the next table who was having Lamb and a vegetable Puree thingy. In a small bowl [side] was a sort of lavender liquid with these things that looked like worms, and they were moving....he was eating them.

I asked the waitress what it was in the bowl, and she told me, Baby Eels - I responded, "but they're moving". She chuckled, and I left, couldn't handle it. :)

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:19 pm

I would have left too, I could not watch that.

That's like that Indiana Jones movie. I would faint.

Fatherducque

Post by Fatherducque » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:59 pm

I love a dish of alligator. It is the finest and most delicate of meats.

Fav, you could work miracles with it in one of your tomato based sauces. It is a sin to fry it.

Get it fresh, if possible.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:15 pm

Fatherducque wrote:I love a dish of alligator. It is the finest and most delicate of meats.

Fav, you could work miracles with it in one of your tomato based sauces. It is a sin to fry it.

Get it fresh, if possible.
I had Gator; once in New Orleans, the second time in Tampa Florida. It was very good, BUT it was a psychological thing with me. It was more; I would like to see them Endangered.

I've enjoyed a lot of game in the wild...Venison, Elk, even Bear [some guys in Alaska made my Chili Recipe using Bear]... Bear wasn't to my taste. Also had Possum Chili and Havalina Chili when I was at the Space Center.

I've hunted my own Rabbit, Pheasant [one of my very best favorites], Duck and Quail [also two of my very best favorites].

One of my most memorable; had a dish at a friends home in New Orleans [her mother made it] which was one of the best meals I have ever had in New Orleans [and I've had most of them]; It was Frogs Legs with Turtle Sauce Picante.

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:54 pm

I've had aligator sushi. Very tasty. :yes:

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:48 pm

I've never had alligator.

I've had eel, octopus, squid, turtle, rabbit, venison and I think that is all of what you might call out-of-the-norm foods? I have had sushi once or twice but I don't remember what kind and I was not overly impressed so it's not something I go looking for.

Fatherducque

Post by Fatherducque » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:30 pm

Turtle Sauce Picante is considered by many to be the quintessential Cajun/Louisiana dish. When done correctly, nothing, except possibly redfish court bullion (AKA "coubullion"), rivals it.

Sailor Kenshin
Author of Die, Hippie Die!

Post by Sailor Kenshin » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:45 pm

falvegas wrote:
Pixie wrote:Who eats live baby eels? Which nation? That's definitely too much. I have eaten eel but I can guarantee you it was very dead.
A story:
I was in Harvard Square, Cambridge, Mass; took a lunch break at a small French Restaurant [around the corner from Julia Childs home]. I ordered a poor-mans lunch, and glanced at the guy in the next table who was having Lamb and a vegetable Puree thingy. In a small bowl [side] was a sort of lavender liquid with these things that looked like worms, and they were moving....he was eating them.

I asked the waitress what it was in the bowl, and she told me, Baby Eels - I responded, "but they're moving". She chuckled, and I left, couldn't handle it. :)

She lied. It was Gagh. :lol:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Fatherducque wrote:Turtle Sauce Picante is considered by many to be the quintessential Cajun/Louisiana dish. When done correctly, nothing, except possibly redfish court bullion (AKA "coubullion"), rivals it.
I didn't know that, certainly not at the time. It was quite delicious.
Yes, the true Gulf Red Fish [wish the hell I could get it here], mostly Pacific Snapper here, if one can get it Right off the Ice Fresh, and a court bullion is quite delicious. I think the first time I had it was Antoine's.

But the Frogs-Legs w/Turtle Sauce Picante I had was made about 10 miles north up the river from New Orleans, in a small home many today would call a shack, cooked and served up by some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. We'd spend half a day picnicking on the grass by Lake Pontchartrain eating Oyster Sandwiches on French Bread, Louisiana Gulf Shrimps, and Crawfish. New Orleans holds some of the dearest memories of my life, short of my children.

And who could ever deny a Blackened Gulf Red Snapper, or a huge platter of Crawfish with Crawfish Bisque and New Orleans French Bread. Why can't I get French Bread here like the Bread in New Orleans....Even the French Bakeries here are not as good.