More Crockpot Recipes

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
Fatherducque

Re: More Crockpot Recipes

Post by Fatherducque » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:30 pm

iamlookingup wrote:http://crockpotgirls.com/recipes/main-d ... ken-curry/

I need to start using my crockpot again. :)
Did you like this?

If you try it again, try frying the spices in a little oil before you start. Fry on medium until there is a sudden burst of spice aroma...then they are ready. :thumbsup:

Fatherducque

Post by Fatherducque » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:03 pm

iamlookingup wrote:
Fatherducque wrote:

Did you like this?

If you try it again, try frying the spices in a little oil before you start. Fry on medium until there is a sudden burst of spice aroma...then they are ready.
Thanks! :thumbsup:

I haven't made it yet (I ended up making something I saw on Pat Robertson's show), but I'm glad you told me that! I really can't wait to try
this recipe. I love curry.
I am eating a chicken curry, a vindaloo, right now. :)

Actually :drool:

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien

Post by tattulip » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:31 pm

I make beef and noodles in the crockpot sometimes.

I haven't done it for awhile but it's something like this:

cook stew meat and a sliced onion in crock pot for several hours until meat is done
add a pkg of frozen noodles
add beef broth

cook another hour or so until noodles are done.

It's tasty and easy.

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Crockpot Sushi

Add fish and rice - but don't turn on the crockpot.

:yes: :shakehead:

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien

Post by tattulip » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:34 pm

iamlookingup wrote::hmm: I don't think I've ever bought frozen noodles. I didn't know there was such a thing! Frozen ravioli, maybe, but not frozen noodles. :dunno:
Frozen noodles are yummy! I don't use them except for that one recipe though. I was in Amish country a few weeks ago and bought some of their homemade noodles. I'm anxious to try them and see if they are better then store bought.

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet

Post by tattulip » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:48 pm

iamlookingup wrote:
tattulip wrote:
iamlookingup wrote::hmm: I don't think I've ever bought frozen noodles. I didn't know there was such a thing! Frozen ravioli, maybe, but not frozen noodles. :dunno:
Frozen noodles are yummy! I don't use them except for that one recipe though. I was in Amish country a few weeks ago and bought some of their homemade noodles. I'm anxious to try them and see if they are better then store bought.
:hmm: Amish country? In Pennsylvania?
No, there are several Amish communities in Iowa.

Fatherducque

Post by Fatherducque » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:49 pm

iamlookingup wrote:
tattulip wrote:
iamlookingup wrote:
tattulip wrote:
:hmm: Have you ever considered joining one? :TTC:
Merle objected....

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet

Post by tattulip » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:50 pm

iamlookingup wrote:
tattulip wrote:
iamlookingup wrote:
tattulip wrote:
:hmm: Have you ever considered joining one? :TTC:
Yes, right after watching the movie "Witness" :lol:

Amish are strange. I went into a bakery there and all the lights were off so I thought it was closed. But there were 3-4 women working in there. So I figured they didn't use electricity so that is why it was dark. Except there were a row of stoves/ovens in the back of the one big room that was the bakery. :headscratch: Now I suppose they could be gas ovens/stoves but why gas and not electricity? I bought a loaf of Parmesan garlic bread that was the best bread I have ever had in my life! :drool:
Then none of them have phones but will go into town and use a phone if necessary. They don't want to be part of "our world" but they sure don't mind making money off of us. There are a lot of Amish stores around that cater to tourists. I don't know how or if they pay taxes but they benefit from the good roads (well the shoulders anyway). I just can't figure out how they decide what they can and cannot have. And it's different with different communities. So their head pastor (or whatever they call him) must be calling the shots. How do they justify that in their minds? They think their pastor is right in not allowing such and such but the one in another community is wrong? :dunno:
I was in a small town near an Amish community once and the residents there told us the Amish turn a blind eye to their teenagers for a period of time and let them drink etc. The teenagers would buy a case of beer and drive around the country and get drunk. There would be all sorts of beer cans laying in the ditches. I guess they couldn't get picked up for OWI! The horse would find its home no matter how drunk the kids got. I guess the local bar was also flooded with the young Amish on certain nights.

CapitalistPig

Post by CapitalistPig » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Last year I bought one of those Nesco crockpot / roasters. Best $59 I ever spent. I very rarely use an oven any more.