Simple but delicious crock-pot recipes

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
Priscilla

Simple but delicious crock-pot recipes

Post by Priscilla » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:53 pm

For all of you good buddies who haven't ever used a crock-pot before (and, of course, those who have :) ) these are a few great 'getting acquainted with a crock-pot' recipes! :mrgreen:

Smothered Steak:

2-3 lbs. round steak
2 cans cream of mushroom, celery or broccoli soup
1 can of water
1 pkg. onion soup mix

Trim fat from steak (if desired.) Place steak, cream soups and water in crock-pot. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Add soup mix. Cook for one more hour.
Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, noodles or biscuits.

*This makes even BETTER leftovers. The gravy thickens even more if it's in the fridge overnight.

Sour Cream Tex-Mex chicken

1.5 - 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can enchilada sauce (red or green, both taste great)
1/4 t ground cumin
1 C sour cream

Place all ingredients (except for sour cream) in crock-pot. Cook on low 6-8 hours. During last hour, add sour cream. Serve over tortilla chips (if desired.)

*This is pretty much an 'add whatever you think tastes good' recipe. I've added cream cheese when I didn't have sour cream. It's ALL delicious!

GoodBoy
...is a Good Boy
Location: I will Pray for Obama... Prayer triumphs over anger.

Post by GoodBoy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:02 am

Gonna have to try the Chicken. Gotta defrost it now. Thank God for Microwaves and the defrost cycle.

Added later....Well, I thought I had a can or cream of chicken soup but I did not.. sooo.. I dumped a can of chicken broth in it along with the enchilada sauce and a can of pineapple chunks with a tablespoon of Dark brown sugar and a couple cloves of minced garlic. It taste pretty good, all I have to do now is thicken it up with some flour.

Priscilla

Post by Priscilla » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:02 am

Goodboy, let us know how it turns out. My DH loves pineapple and chicken. This might be next on my 'must try' list. :)

GoodBoy
...is a Good Boy
Location: I will Pray for Obama... Prayer triumphs over anger.

Post by GoodBoy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:24 pm

Priscilla wrote:Goodboy, let us know how it turns out. My DH loves pineapple and chicken. This might be next on my 'must try' list. :)
It came out pretty good but when tasting the finished product, I would have put all the pineapple juice in it. I only put half.. or.. add more pineapple than the one 16oz can. Maybe leaving the pineapple out till the last hour or so would have helped or half a can in the beginning and the other half later on. Its Good.. but it needs some fiddlin' with.