Ramen noodles

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
Fatherducque

Re: Ramen noodles

Post by Fatherducque » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Pixie wrote:
Fatherducque wrote:I love them for breakfast.

:wave: Do you mean the Parker House Rolls?

:wave:
Ramen.

Where I was overseas, noodles in soup was a very popular morning meal. Try it (not necessarily ramen) and see. Soup in the morning goes very well. Especially if you toss some chopped green onion in, or some crispy fried onion on top.

DSMBaptist
Perma-Newb™
Location: Destroying the New World Order and putting NEOCONS in their place!

Re: Ramen noodles

Post by DSMBaptist » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:27 pm

Pixie wrote:
GoodBoy wrote:I was having lots of problems with tachycardia until I eliminated the MSG from my diet. Nasty stuff for some people.

The amount of MSG/Sodium in ramen noodles scares the heck out of me!
Me too, but sometimes, it's about all a fellow can afford. On the bright side, my Mom scared the crap outta me about table salt from some newspaper clipping when I was about 8 or 9. :saywhat: I have NEVER used a salt shaker at the dinner table ever since she read that article! :cheer:

In a simular vein...have you seen "Supersize Me"? Sure, I'm sure that it's slanted a bit too much against McDonalds, but when I was in the Door of Faith, we had a Health class, and we watched that movie, and ever since, I have rarely eaten at Mc D's. For months, I would only stop for a soda and an occasional snack wrap, which is pretty reasonable, for McD's, anyway. It's only in recent months that I've gone back to OCCASIONALY order the french fries, as opposed to, about 1-2 times a week when I would order an entire meal. :shakehead:

And tortilla chips! If I go to one of the "higher up" Mexican resturants where they serve you endless bowls of tortilla chips, I find that I usually do this: :puke: if I finish a bowl of those salty things. So...there are two things that my body can't tollerate in large quanties: salt and fat. My gall bladder goes into convulsions if I eat more than for instance, 2 slices of pepperoni pizza.

...All the more reason to eat more sald like I've been trying to do for the last month.

Three cheers for fresh veggies! :drool: :woot: :woot: :woot: