Falvegas, do you have.....

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Falvegas, do you have.....

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Falvegas, do you by any chance have a recipe for gnocchi? My Northern Italian grandmother used to make it, and they were light as a feather. What kind of a sauce would you serve with it?

Also she used to make Bagna Cauda, it was so good, especially when served with crusty Italian bread. Can you believe that here in Flint, they don't even know what crusty Italian bread is. They make an oval loaf, put it in plastic, where there is no chance of it getting crusty, and they call that Italian bread. Pathetic. And if you are looking for unusual ingredients, forget about it, there is no chance of finding that here either.

One more thing friend, are you sorry you came back? :lol:

falvegas

Re: Falvegas, do you have.....

Post by falvegas » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:57 pm

ConsrvYank1 wrote:Falvegas, do you by any chance have a recipe for gnocchi? My Northern Italian grandmother used to make it, and they were light as a feather. What kind of a sauce would you serve with it?

Also she used to make Bagna Cauda, it was so good, especially when served with crusty Italian bread. Can you believe that here in Flint, they don't even know what crusty Italian bread is. They make an oval loaf, put it in plastic, where there is no chance of it getting crusty, and they call that Italian bread. Pathetic. And if you are looking for unusual ingredients, forget about it, there is no chance of finding that here either.

I'll check on that tomorrow. I should have both.

Sorry? Why of course not.
I really like the people in here, always have,
When LFRT closed, I went back to topics and a few of the people I knew in ACOC where I had previously been for many years. But I was strapped for time for over a year, and didn't have the discretionary time to negotiate too many things at once.
Essentially,,, My Bad!

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:30 am

falvegas wrote:
ConsrvYank1 wrote:Falvegas, do you by any chance have a recipe for gnocchi? My Northern Italian grandmother used to make it, and they were light as a feather. What kind of a sauce would you serve with it?

When LFRT closed, I went back to topics and a few of the people I knew in ACOC where I had previously been for many years. But I was strapped for time for over a year, and didn't have the discretionary time to negotiate too many things at once.
Essentially,,, My Bad!
falvegas wrote:

Essentially,,, My Bad!
I HAVE SEVERAL RECIPES FOR 'GNOCCHI' some with, some without Potato, I'll format the 3 or 4 most popular I have, including popular in Italy.
Most Important to the Fluffyness is not the 'Recipe' , it is t he ingredients and the production method. I will outline those for you.

I also have a recipe for Bagna Cauda. That's a pretty short recipe but it does need some explanation as to how it's served.

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:54 am

falvegas wrote:
falvegas wrote:

I was just joshing with you when I asked that. It's just that you have been back for only a few days, and already I am bugging you for recipes. :teehee:
Essentially,,, My Bad!
falvegas wrote:

Please take your time, I can wait. And thank you in advance.

Essentially,,, My Bad!
I HAVE SEVERAL RECIPES FOR 'GNOCCHI' some with, some without Potato, I'll format the 3 or 4 most popular I have, including popular in Italy.
Most Important to the Fluffyness is not the 'Recipe' , it is t he ingredients and the production method. I will outline those for you.

I just remembered something my mother told me. I believe she said my grandmother used to do something with her thumb while making gnochhi. Does that make sense?

I also have a recipe for Bagna Cauda. That's a pretty short recipe but it does need some explanation as to how it's served.