SESAME ORANGE SHRIMP

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
falvegas

SESAME ORANGE SHRIMP

Post by falvegas » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:23 am

SESAME ORANGE SHRIMP Image

This Shrimp dish is good as a Side or a TV Snack. As a main it can be served with a variety of other sides such as with Vegetables or Noodles.
Recommend using only 'Wild Caught' fresh Raw Shrimps as the Farm Raised tend to be a bit 'Musky' tasting. You may have to call the Markets to find out who's carrying them.

Ingredients
2 large Egg Whites
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
Coarse Salt and Ground Pepper
1 1/2 pounds Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil, plus more if needed
1 cup Fresh Orange Juice
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Sugar
4 Scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced

Directions
* In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, cornstarch, sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon salt, and
1/2 teaspoon pepper until frothy.
* Add shrimp, and toss to coat.
* Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in two or three batches, cook shrimp until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Add more oil to skillet if necessary for remaining batches.

* Wipe skillet with a paper towel. Add orange juice, soy sauce, and sugar. Lightly Boil over high heat until syrupy and reduced to about 1/3 cup, 4 to 5 minutes.
* Return shrimp to skillet; add scallions, and cook until heated through and coated with sauce, about 1 minute.

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Re: SESAME ORANGE SHRIMP

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:01 pm

falvegas wrote:SESAME ORANGE SHRIMP Image

This Shrimp dish is good as a Side or a TV Snack. As a main it can be served with a variety of other sides such as with Vegetables or Noodles.
Recommend using only 'Wild Caught' fresh Raw Shrimps as the Farm Raised tend to be a bit 'Musky' tasting. You may have to call the Markets to find out who's carrying them.

Ingredients
2 large Egg Whites
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
1 cup Fresh Orange Juice
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Sugar

Directions
* In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, cornstarch, sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon salt, and
* Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in two or three batches, cook shrimp until golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Add more oil to skillet if necessary for remaining batches.

* Wipe skillet with a paper towel. Add orange juice, soy sauce, and sugar. Lightly Boil over high heat until syrupy and reduced to about 1/3 cup, 4 to 5 minutes.
* Return shrimp to skillet; add scallions, and cook until heated through and coated with sauce, about 1 minute.

That sounds delicious, unfortunately I don't own a non-stick pan. I never cared for them, would it be okay to use a stainless steel skillet?

trailboss

Post by trailboss » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Looks like a great recipe, and simple....thanks!

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:52 pm

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
falvegas wrote:SESAME ORANGE SHRIMP Image

Ingredients
2 large Egg Whites
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
1 cup Fresh Orange Juice
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Sugar

Directions

That sounds delicious, unfortunately I don't own a non-stick pan. I never cared for them, would it be okay to use a stainless steel skillet?
Of Course! I use SS almost exclusively, and of course it should be fairly good quality, multi ply, and be in pretty good shape. I'd shake the pan every 10 to 15 seconds to be sure they don't stick, but I've never had any problem. They brown to a Golden fairly quick.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:28 am

PS:
When I Fry or Saute Fish or Shellfish I always use either, Grape Seed Oil, Avocado Oil, or Vegetable Oil ....just personal, I'm not a friend of Canola Oil or Corn Oil. Olive Oil is Excellent for specific recipes when a Mediterranean dish calls for it.