Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
1 post • Page 1 of 1
THE MOST AMAZING CHOCOLATE CAKE
Looked very interesting.
A little unsalted butter and flour for buttering and dusting the cake pans (see cooking lesson below)
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder (the better quality chocolate you use the better it will taste)
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter three 9-inch cake rounds. Dust with flour and tap out the excess. (see cooking lesson below)
3. Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined.
4. Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Beat on a medium speed until smooth. This should take just a couple of minutes.
5. Divide batter among the three pans. I found that it took just over 3 cups of the batter to divide it evenly.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake meets the toothpick test (stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean).
7. Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and then turn out the cakes onto the racks and allow to cool completely.
8. Frost with your favorite frosting and enjoy! And because I know you are going to ask, I used the recipe found HERE and doubled it.