Great Homemade Pot Pie Recipe.

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
trailboss

Great Homemade Pot Pie Recipe.

Post by trailboss » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:26 pm

This is a really easy pot pie recipe, that I have made plenty of times, it is a real crowd pleaser...with the use of a supermarket rotisserie chicken, and either ready made pie crust dough, or croissant dough, it really simplifies the process. I have used croissant dough the last few times, and actually prefer it. I line the bottom of the baking dish, even though the recipe doesn't call for it. Make sure you brush the crust with egg white before baking, it really makes the crust turn a nice flavor filled dark brown.

For some reason, unlike other forums, when I post the magnified pic, it blows up the screen. :noparty:
So click on the magnifying glass, upper right corner with your cursor.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/ ... g~original

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Re: Great Homemade Pot Pie Recipe.

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:26 am

trailboss wrote:This is a really easy pot pie recipe, that I have made plenty of times, it is a real crowd pleaser...with the use of a supermarket rotisserie chicken, and either ready made pie crust dough, or croissant dough, it really simplifies the process. I have used croissant dough the last few times, and actually prefer it. I line the bottom of the baking dish, even though the recipe doesn't call for it. Make sure you brush the crust with egg white before baking, it really makes the crust turn a nice flavor filled dark brown.

For some reason, unlike other forums, when I post the magnified pic, it blows up the screen. :noparty:
So click on the magnifying glass, upper right corner with your cursor.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/ ... g~original

I tried tht TB, nothing happens. Are we supposed to see a recipe or a picture?

trailboss

Post by trailboss » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:01 am

I thought maybe my privacy settings weren't set right so I logged out of my photobucket account and clicked on it...and it is viewable to me...maybe your computer? :headscratch:

It was a photocopy from a looseleaf page in Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, here is the online version:
It turns out a lot better looking than their picture.
http://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/deep- ... n-pot-pie/

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien

Post by tattulip » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:31 pm

I wish we could post pictures here without using Photobucket or some such website. :noparty: