I opened that last bottle of Ketchot,made stuffed meatloaf

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
Post Reply
User avatar
DSMBaptist
Perma-Newb™
Posts: 6766
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:27 pm
Location: Destroying the New World Order and putting NEOCONS in their place!
Contact:

I opened that last bottle of Ketchot,made stuffed meatloaf

Post by DSMBaptist » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:07 pm

phpBB [video]
Okay, let's cut to the chase..Two nights ago, I made stuffed meatloaf, stuffed with home made mac and cheese!

For the meatloaf, I made it as such:


2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
1 egg
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup barbecue sauce, plus another 1/4 cup reserved
3/4 cup shredded colby-jack cheese, reserved
One full jar of Ketchot


EXCEPT...Instead of bread crumbs, I got a bag of sour cream and onion potato chips (YES, YOU READ CORRECTLY!!!), smashed the smithereens out of it, then for the mac and cheese, I made it as the following:



8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni

2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese ( used a four cheese blend)

3 cups milk

1/4 cup butter

2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup bread crumbs

1 pinch paprika
Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle with a little paprika.

bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes



And yes, I used a bottle of Ketchot that I bought back in 2008, and kept unopened until I made the stuffed meat loaf and everything came out okay!!!



Now, my question is, Dave are you still selling that stuff, cuz I wanna make this again! :headscratch:

User avatar
Fatherducque
Posts: 22002
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: Je suis Charlie
Contact:

Re: I opened that last bottle of Ketchot,made stuffed meatlo

Post by Fatherducque » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:09 am

That meatloaf kept him occupied for a long time!!!

User avatar
DSMBaptist
Perma-Newb™
Posts: 6766
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:27 pm
Location: Destroying the New World Order and putting NEOCONS in their place!
Contact:

Re: I opened that last bottle of Ketchot,made stuffed meatlo

Post by DSMBaptist » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:00 am

Fatherducque wrote:That meatloaf kept him occupied for a long time!!!
Who, me? Nope, I had no irregularity at all! :mrgreen:








Okay, Fatherducque...Just to make sure that we're on the same page...what exactly are you refereeing to??? :headscratch:

User avatar
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: I opened that last bottle of Ketchot,made stuffed meatlo

Post by Pixie » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:28 am

DSMBaptist wrote:
phpBB [video]
Okay, let's cut to the chase..Two nights ago, I made stuffed meatloaf, stuffed with home made mac and cheese!

For the meatloaf, I made it as such:


2 pounds 80/20 ground beef
1 egg
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup barbecue sauce, plus another 1/4 cup reserved
3/4 cup shredded colby-jack cheese, reserved
One full jar of Ketchot


EXCEPT...Instead of bread crumbs, I got a bag of sour cream and onion potato chips (YES, YOU READ CORRECTLY!!!), smashed the smithereens out of it, then for the mac and cheese, I made it as the following:

8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni

2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese ( used a four cheese blend)

3 cups milk

1/4 cup butter

2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup bread crumbs

1 pinch paprika
Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to make a roux. Add milk to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses, and cook over low heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Put macaroni in large casserole dish, and pour sauce over macaroni. Stir well.
Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Spread over the macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle with a little paprika.

bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes

And yes, I used a bottle of Ketchot that I bought back in 2008, and kept unopened until I made the stuffed meat loaf and everything came out okay!!!

Now, my question is, Dave are you still selling that stuff, cuz I wanna make this again! :headscratch:
Hey, I think this sounds excellent!!!!!

User avatar
Fatherducque
Posts: 22002
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: Je suis Charlie
Contact:

Re: I opened that last bottle of Ketchot,made stuffed meatlo

Post by Fatherducque » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 pm

DSMBaptist wrote:
Fatherducque wrote:That meatloaf kept him occupied for a long time!!!
Who, me? Nope, I had no irregularity at all! :mrgreen:








Okay, Fatherducque...Just to make sure that we're on the same page...what exactly are you refereeing to??? :headscratch:
Haven't seen you in a long time. I just assumed you had been perfecting mankind's greatest meatloaf.

User avatar
StarryNightDave
Mentative
Posts: 26516
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:22 pm
Location: What?
Contact:

Re: I opened that last bottle of Ketchot,made stuffed meatlo

Post by StarryNightDave » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:36 pm

Just had a new batch made a few weeks ago. Best one yet. I hadn't been doing anything with it for a while, but started up so my Cousin could make some money.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll get you some.

User avatar
LandLover
Posts: 12049
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:50 am
Location: GrandmaVille

Re: I opened that last bottle of Ketchot,made stuffed meatlo

Post by LandLover » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:01 pm

StarryNightDave wrote:Just had a new batch made a few weeks ago. Best one yet. I hadn't been doing anything with it for a while, but started up so my Cousin could make some money.

If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll get you some.
I gave it out as gifts for father's day. A relative who is a chef texted me this the next day:
Ok, the official review: Tasty, a bit sweet; 3 on a scale of 10 sweet scale. NICE addition to the organic pinto beans, HOT, Still wiping my brow. Bottom line? LOVE IT, Thanks!

User avatar
StarryNightDave
Mentative
Posts: 26516
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:22 pm
Location: What?
Contact:

Re: I opened that last bottle of Ketchot,made stuffed meatlo

Post by StarryNightDave » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:50 am

Hey - thanks for showing me that. He pretty much explained exactly what I was trying to accomplish.

Post Reply