Salad Olivier to use up that nice turkey
• 1 whole turkley breast, poached, or 2 to 2-1/2 cups leftover turkey, boned, skinned & cubed
• 1-1/4 pound potatoes, peeled, boiled and cubed
• 1 large sour dill pickle, cut into small dice, or 2 heaping Tbsp. sour dill pickle relish, drained
• 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, cooked
• 1 small to medium onion, finely chopped
• 1 large carrot, diced or 1 cup diced frozen carrot, cooked
• 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
• 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced (reserve)
• 1 heaping Tbsp. capers, drained
• 3/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup sour creamm reduced or whole fat
• 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard, Dijon preferred
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• salt to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper or more to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or1 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
• several ripe black olives, cut in half
• parsley sprigs
• 1 large ripe tomato, cut into small wedges
• Boston lettuce leaves, washed and dried, or spun in a salad spinner
Drain the turkey and all vegetables well. Combine the cooked turkey breast, potatoes, carrots, peas, chopped onion and dill pickle, hard-boiled eggs and capers. Fold slightly to mix.
Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, pepper, 1 teaspoon salt and dill. Pour over the salad and mix gently but thoroughly. Chill well.
To serve, mound the salad upon lettuce leaves on a large platter. Garnish with black olive slices, sliced hard-boiled egg, tomato wedges and parsley sprigs. Sprinkle with a little paprika.
Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
1 post • Page 1 of 1