Cuisinart Pots and Pans

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien

Re: Cuisinart Pots and Pans

Post by tattulip » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Mine don't look as good as when I bought them either but what are you gonna do? Not use them? I use bartender's friend when I really mess them up.
Or don't use them and eat out all the time. :teehee:

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien

Post by tattulip » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:53 pm

iamlookingup wrote:
tattulip wrote:...
Or don't use them and eat out all the time. :teehee:
Brilliant! :givehug:
:laugh: :cool:

CapitalistPig

Post by CapitalistPig » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:15 am

I have some Wolf Gang Puck pans and I recently replaced those with Calphalon Cookware because I like the handles better and no seam at the bottom of the pans to clean I use bartenders friend, very lightly. Never use oven cleaner as it may discolor the pan. I will use steel wool or a teflon scouring pad with a lot of BK Friend on the bottom to keep them clean and I clean the bottom every time I use them. With years of use, there will be scratches. Some people and even restaurants just use steel wool on the polished surface , They just get dull but still work.

Maybe you could just hang your new ones on a pot rack and have a second set that you actually use. :mrgreen:

LandLover

Post by LandLover » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 am

http://www.cuisinart.com/share/pdf/manuals/mcu-12.pdf

I use Calphalon or All Clad.

I am really picky about my stuff, I feel like if you invest in it, take care of it, and use it properly it will last a good while and is really worth the extra $$.

Don't let it sit around unused because you are afraid of damage. Enjoy it, use the heck out of it, and if you damage it, live and learn.

A few things I always do to care for my pans. Never over heat the pan, try not to cook on "high heat" unless you are bringing something to a boil for a short amount of time. Always use rubber spatulas and utensils. No brillo pads or harsh cleaning pads. All you need is dishwasher detg't and a soft scrubber or sponge. Wash directly after use. Some pans need to be seasoned before use - (put oil in pan, heat, then wipe down). Also....don't put them in the dishwasher.

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet

Post by tattulip » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:15 am

I have the Wolfgang Puck set and the handles get hot. :noparty: I am not crazy about them but oh well.

CapitalistPig

Post by CapitalistPig » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:34 am

tattulip wrote:I have the Wolfgang Puck set and the handles get hot. :noparty: I am not crazy about them but oh well.

I have the ones with the hollow handles. They do get hot. They are hard to clean as grease gets into them. My large pan buckled under heat as I was boiling water in it for something I was making. It was still usable, I smacked the bubble in the bottom down by getting the pan hot and tapping on it with a hammer. LOL. After that I knew I would replace it, so I used steel wool on the entire thing until I threw it away. I used oven cleaner on it too. :) It still worked fine, just that it had a dull finish. Before I moved I bought the Caphalon 8", 10" and 12" pans. They have the solid handles and don't get hot like the others, which surprised me. I love them. Next move, I'll buy the entire set.

LandLover

Post by LandLover » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:49 pm

iamlookingup wrote:
LandLover wrote:... All you need is dishwasher detg't and a soft scrubber or sponge. Wash directly after use. Some pans need to be seasoned before use - (put oil in pan, heat, then wipe down). Also....don't put them in the dishwasher.
:headscratch: Did you mean to say dish soap?
Yes, and I don't remember typing what I did, so you get bonus points.

Fatherducque

Post by Fatherducque » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:23 pm

Except for spatulas, wooden utensils are easy on the pans. They also do not make that annoying scraping sound when you do a lot of stirring. After a few years they crack, but you just discard them and get some new.

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:37 am

I can't stand teflon or anything like it, I prefer stainless. hard to find now adays. JC Penney has a sale on a Cusinart set that is really nice, but I can't afford it. I don't like glass covers either, I already dropped one and broke it from this cheap set of crap I bought. :angry:

CapitalistPig

Post by CapitalistPig » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:34 pm

ConsrvYank1 wrote:I can't stand teflon or anything like it, I prefer stainless. hard to find now adays. JC Penney has a sale on a Cusinart set that is really nice, but I can't afford it. I don't like glass covers either, I already dropped one and broke it from this cheap set of crap I bought. :angry:

I bought two Tfal teflon pans a while ago. One is a pancake pan. Both have a large red dot about the size of a sliver dollar in the center that become solid in color when the pan is at the appropriate temperature. Although I don't like teflon both of these pans work very well and clean up very easily. I do prefer the triply and use them when I am cooking for an elaborate dinner but the T-Fal pans are very good. I use them mostly for breakfast. pancake and when I want to make something quick.

trailboss

Post by trailboss » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:26 pm

We bought Costco's brand line Kirkland signature series pans years ago, while in line with customer service, my wife commented that the price on the display showed that there wasn't a price change over time, but she was disappointed that they were starting to show signs of wear from regular use. Without asking the customer service person searched or account, told us that it had been five years since we purchased them, they were covered by the unconditional warranty.
Our next visit, the old one were returned, we were handed cash to go purchase the new ones with...my daughter is getting the same set this Christmas for the same reason.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... InCategory

Not upscale cookware by any means, but it meets my needs.