Pulled pork tacos

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
Post Reply
User avatar
Fatherducque
Posts: 21818
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: Je suis Charlie
Contact:

Pulled pork tacos

Post by Fatherducque » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:39 pm

A fellow slow cooked pork shoulder (aka SCPS) coerced me to an Alabama SCPS purveyor with the promise of something radically new in the SCPS universe.

Upon arrival I was presented with pulled pork tacos!

As you know, the CSA Dept of Pork Excellence standards require that SCPS be served with cole slaw on a plate or in a white bread bun with mayo and sauce as an option.

The pulled pork taco consisted of a white flour soft taco well filled with pulled SCPS topped with pico de gallo and chopped lettuce. Simple and excellent.

Try this yourself. It is a great way to enjoy your SCPS. I will try the SCPS with cole slaw in the taco next, followed by adding some sauce, later.

User avatar
tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Posts: 28550
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:00 am
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien
Contact:

Re: Pulled pork tacos

Post by tattulip » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:21 am

Sounds good! A friend of mine just smoked a pork butt and shared with me so now I just need some coleslaw to make my taco.

User avatar
StarryNightDave
Mentative
Posts: 26516
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:22 pm
Location: What?
Contact:

Re: Pulled pork tacos

Post by StarryNightDave » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:40 am

tattulip wrote:Sounds good! A friend of mine just smoked a pork butt and shared with me so now I just need some coleslaw to make my taco.
Coleslaw in a taco? What - no jello salad? :lol: :teehee:

User avatar
falvegas
Posts: 5488
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:14 am

Re: Pulled pork tacos

Post by falvegas » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Once you have pulled pork, you can make; Burritos, Red Tamales, Tacos, Tostadas, Southern Pulled Pork Sandwiches, etc. etc.....

Best to smoke a seasoned Pork Shoulder at Low Temp OR you can Braise it in the oven at 240 degrees for about 3 hours. When Braising, one can add the cored seeded New Mexico or other Dried Chilies in the Braising Pot, strain and puree the sauce with the Chilies, strain and make the Sauce...all in one pot.

Just shred the Pork when cool and make any of the above.

User avatar
tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Posts: 28550
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:00 am
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien
Contact:

Re: Pulled pork tacos

Post by tattulip » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:47 pm

StarryNightDave wrote:
tattulip wrote:Sounds good! A friend of mine just smoked a pork butt and shared with me so now I just need some coleslaw to make my taco.
Coleslaw in a taco? What - no jello salad? :lol: :teehee:
I thought coleslaw on bbq pork was a tradition in the south?
:dunno: I have never tried it.

User avatar
Fatherducque
Posts: 21818
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: Je suis Charlie
Contact:

Re: Pulled pork tacos

Post by Fatherducque » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:08 am

tattulip wrote:
StarryNightDave wrote:
tattulip wrote:Sounds good! A friend of mine just smoked a pork butt and shared with me so now I just need some coleslaw to make my taco.
Coleslaw in a taco? What - no jello salad? :lol: :teehee:
I thought coleslaw on bbq pork was a tradition in the south?
:dunno: I have never tried it.
It is! Go for it!

Post Reply