Meatloaf

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Meatloaf

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:30 pm

My daughter invited me for dinner, she was making that 50's style meatloaf, which I really like. I posted that recipe here a while back if anybody is interested.

But, what I was not expecting was the absolute best fried green tomatoes I have ever eaten. I ate so many of those, I couldn't even finish the meatloaf. The tomatoes were from her garden. She made a dipping sauce for them too. :drool:

What's funny is she never showed that much interest in cooking before, and all of a sudden she is making all kinds of new stuff. Strange goings on. :headscratch:

streetsoldier
General von Nuisance

Re: Meatloaf

Post by streetsoldier » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:57 pm

MeatLoaf on turkey night???? :ohwell: :hmm:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:06 pm

I absolutely love, Meatloaf. And it's so totally open to Creativity for Content.

And as much as I really love 'Fried Green Tomatoes', I have never been able to master them. And I grow my own tomatoes of various kinds.

I would so love to have a Fried Green Tomato recipe from someone who really knows what they're doing.

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:02 pm

The new, EVIL, Wegman's that opened here in my town recently started selling pre-made meatloaves that you cook at home. We tried one and it was fantastic! I don't know what they add to their ground meat, but it's delicious. They use the same ingredient in their sliders and hamburgers too. I'll have to kidnap one of their people and beat the secret out of them. :wave:

OH - and Paul Prudhomme's meatloaf recipe is the best!

Fatherducque

Post by Fatherducque » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:20 pm

His great-nephew, "Tiny", has a meat market near my house.
http://www.houseofmeat.com/

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:23 pm

StarryNightDave wrote:The new, EVIL, Wegman's that opened here in my town recently started selling pre-made meatloaves that you cook at home. We tried one and it was fantastic! I don't know what they add to their ground meat, but it's delicious. They use the same ingredient in their sliders and hamburgers too. I'll have to kidnap one of their people and beat the secret out of them. :wave:

He has several, which one?

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:11 am

falvegas wrote:I absolutely love, Meatloaf. And it's so totally open to Creativity for Content.

And as much as I really love 'Fried Green Tomatoes', I have never been able to master them. And I grow my own tomatoes of various kinds.

I would so love to have a Fried Green Tomato recipe from someone who really knows what they're doing.
I will try to get it for you this weekend. I am not even sure if it was a recipe or if she made it up. :dunno:

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:59 pm

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
StarryNightDave wrote:The new, EVIL, Wegman's that opened here in my town recently started selling pre-made meatloaves that you cook at home. We tried one and it was fantastic! I don't know what they add to their ground meat, but it's delicious. They use the same ingredient in their sliders and hamburgers too. I'll have to kidnap one of their people and beat the secret out of them. :wave:

He has several, which one?
The one in my cook book.

:teehee:

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:51 pm

falvegas wrote:I absolutely love, Meatloaf. And it's so totally open to Creativity for Content.

Here ya go!

http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe ... on_relish/

She used a comination peanut/soy oil, other than that she followed the directions. She thought the sauce was a little watery, but I didn't.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:22 am

ConsrvYank1 wrote:

Here ya go!

http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe ... on_relish/

She used a comination peanut/soy oil, other than that she followed the directions. She thought the sauce was a little watery, but I didn't.
Thanks...Looks really good.
It's certainly one dish Paula should know something about.

Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Pixie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:38 pm

Oh, it does sound good! I really like the Vidalia Onion Relish recipe included.