Madelyn's Carrot Cake

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
StarryNightDave
Mentative

Madelyn's Carrot Cake

Post by StarryNightDave » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:10 am

I finally got this recipe. Madelyn uses a famous recipe, but alters it for a much better balance. She uses just half the amount of sugar for the cake, and a lot less sugar in the icing. My first reaction to tasting this cake was that it had a wonderful balance between the sweetness and the cream. I love carrot cake, but I find most of them to be overpowering and overly sweet. Madelyn fixes that with this recipe. Enjoy!

Madelyn's Carrot Cake
(A.K.A Commissary Carrot Cake)

This recipe is from the The Frog Commissary Cookbook. The Frog and Commissary were two very famous restaurants that were big in Philadelphia in the 1970's. Their Carrot Cake was infamous. The recipe below is THE Carrot Cake that was so popular with a few minor variations indicated in blue*. It can be made with or without the Pecan Cream Filling (course its better with that) and in different shapes and layers (multi-layers, round, square etc) once you master the basic technique. Its easiest made over the course of a few days. I don't try to make it all in one day and recommend the cake be frozen to facilitate frosting it. This is actually a very simple recipe if you plan ahead a little. I use a KitchenAid mixer, but you don't really need that. The cake could be mixed by hand and the cream cheese frosting prepared with any hand mixer.

The cake consists of three parts:

1) Carrot Cake
2) Cream Cheese Frosting
3) Pecan Cream Filling

I like to make the cake first... freeze it, then prepare the filling and frosting. These can be done the day you want to assemble the cake or can be prepared ahead of time and brought to room temperature. The key is filling and frosting the cake when the cake layers are still frozen but the filling and frosting are room temperature.

Equipment I use:

KitchenAid mixing bowl
KitchenAid wire whisk for cake
KitchenAid paddle for frosting
Cuisinart food processer to grate the carrots

Prepare the cake pans:

The original recipe called for a greased and floured 10" tube cake pan. You bake the cake in that then cut that cake into layers. I don't do this. I bake the cake laters in round or square cake pans which I have lined with parchment paper or wax paper. If using wax paper you should grease the pan, lay down the wax paper and grease the wax paper. How you prepare the pan is individual preference. I've found that wax paper greased on both sides gives the least 'crust' which I think is best for a cake that is going to be frosted. Parchment is not bad either and less fuss.

This is a great web site for converting pan sizes:

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Cake-Pan-Si ... etail.aspx

Carrot Cake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Take 4 eggs out of the fridge and put aside. Best when the eggs are room temperature but not necessary.

Set aside

1 c raisons
1 c chopped pecans

Prepare 4 c. grated carrots

This is equivalent to about 1lb carrots. Peel them then grate them. I do this in a food processor with special grating attachment. I guess you can do this manually!

Sift the following dry ingredients into a bowl:

2 c. flour
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Lightly whisk the dry ingredients together so they are fully mixed.

Place the wire whisk onto your KitchenAid mixer and put the following into a KitchenAid mixing bowl:

1-1/4 c. oil
1 c. sugar (the original recipe* called for 2 c. sugar so the additional c. is optional.)

Turn KitchenAid mixer to med and mix oil and sugar for about a minute.

With KitchenAid mixer on low, alternate adding in, 1 egg and about 1/2 c. dry ingrediants until eggs and dry ingredients are incorporated. Put these in about 10 seconds apart. Don't overmix the cake. Add the carrots, raisons and pecans and mix for a few seconds more. Scrape the bowl a little and make sure everythinig is incorporated. Voila, that's it. Pour cake into pans you have prepared and bake at 350 degrees.

Baking time depends on the size of your pans.

10" tube pan 70 minutes
8" or 9" x 1-1/2" layers bake about 35-40 minutes

I stick a wooden skewer in to see if cake is done. If it comes out clean, its done.

Cool cake completely then wrap and freeze. If you need to cut into layers, cut them into layers before you freeze them.

Cake is done.

Pecan Cream Filling

Prepare a day ahead of time and refrigerate. On the day you want to use it, let it come to room temperature so it is spreadable.

In a heavy saucepan combine:

1-1/2 c sugar
1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp salt

Gradually stir in 1-1/2 c heavy cream. I warm this in a microwave first.

Add 6 oz (3/4 c) unsalted butter cut into chunks.

Cook and stir mixture constantly on low heat until butter has melted. Let simmer 20-30 minutes until golden brown in color, stirring occasionally. Cool to lukewarm and then add 1-1/4 c. chopped pecans and 2 tsp vanilla. Cool completely and refrigerate.

Cream Cheese Frosting

Let 2 sticks of unsalted butter (1/2 lb) and 8 oz of cream cheese come to room temperature.

Prepare the day you want to frost the cake or if prepared ahead of time, allow enough time to bring to room temperature so consistency is spreadable.

Combine the butter and cream cheese above in a KitchenAid mixing bowl. Cream with KitchenAid paddle on medium. Gradually add 1-2 c. powdered confectioner's sugar. The original recipe* called for a 1lb box of powered sugar. The amount of sugar is up to you! Add 1 tsp vanilla.

Assemble cake. Pecan Cream Filling goes between layers. Cream Cheese Frosting on the outside. Best to do when cake is still frozen (just neater that way!)

Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Madelyn's Carrot Cake

Post by Pixie » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:51 pm

This sounds wonderful. My best friend Susan's favorite cake is Carrot. Her birthday is in March. Last year I took about 6 or 7 recipes and then wrote my own from what seemed to be the best from each.

This year I think I will use this recipe! I love the pecan cream filling!

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:26 pm

I made the cake and the filling today. Amazing stuff! I'm going to make the frosting tomorrow and put everything together before we go to my Sister-in-law's house for dinner.

:TTC:

BTW, I used the conversion chart she posted above and used 3 nine-inch pans. They turned out great.

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:57 pm

Just got back from dinner and the cake was a hit! All the goodness of regular carrot cake, but with a great balance of sweetness and cream. This was the best. And, I think I made it just as good as Madelyn. :yes:

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:56 am

OK - day 3 and the cake is still fantastic. In fact, I think this is the best cake I have ever made! Reducing the sugar allows the cake flavors to blend much better. Plus, you can eat a slice and not feel like you are going to DIE! We are fighting over who gets the last piece.

You guys GOTTA try this one!

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Oh - the one thing I did that her recipe didn't specify was to toast the pecans. I use a stainless steel saute pan and roast them on medium high heat till they just start to turn dark. Only takes about 5 or so minutes. The flavor is wonderful.

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:53 am

StarryNightDave wrote:OK - day 3 and the cake is still fantastic. In fact, I think this is the best cake I have ever made! Reducing the sugar allows the cake flavors to blend much better. Plus, you can eat a slice and not feel like you are going to DIE! We are fighting over who gets the last piece.

You guys GOTTA try this one!

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Oh - the one thing I did that her recipe didn't specify was to toast the pecans. I use a stainless steel saute pan and roast them on medium high heat till they just start to turn dark. Only takes about 5 or so minutes. The flavor is wonderful.
Roasting the pecans would make it way better. You should tell Madelyn that. :mrgreen:

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:28 pm

I agree with CY1! It would make the recipe better and you should tell her! :thumbsup:

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:48 am

I'm making this again for Easter!

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:13 am

StarryNightDave wrote:I'm making this again for Easter!
I am making my 3-layer Toasted Butter Pecan Cake today, so I will be toasting too. I am also making my Tavern Cheesecake and my Deluxe Poundcake (absolutely delicious.) These recipes go back a long, long time. We are having lots of company for an Easter egg hunt, and for dinner. :cheer:

Justine

Post by Justine » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Hmmm. I have a wonderful recipe for a Killer Chocolate Commissary Cake--I never knew where the name came from; now I know! thanks~

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:28 pm

:bow:

I'm going to make this cake again for our 4th of July pick nick on Monday. I still think it's the best cake I have ever made.!

It has the best combination of flavors, plus with Madelyn's reduction in sugar, it has the best balance of sweetness and cream.

YUM!

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien

Post by tattulip » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:37 pm

StarryNightDave wrote::bow:

I'm going to make this cake again for our 4th of July pick nick on Monday. I still think it's the best cake I have ever made.!

It has the best combination of flavors, plus with Madelyn's reduction in sugar, it has the best balance of sweetness and cream.

YUM!
I was going to make this on Saturday but couldn't find my two cake pans! :sad: WHO HAS MY CAKE PANS!?

I get so irritated when I can't find things. :grrr:

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien

Post by tattulip » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:46 am

iamlookingup wrote:
tattulip wrote:
StarryNightDave wrote::bow:

YUM!
I was going to make this on Saturday but couldn't find my two cake pans! :sad: WHO HAS MY CAKE PANS!?

I get so irritated when I can't find things. :grrr:
:hmm: I have a similar problem. I can only find ONE round pan and ONE square pan, so maybe we got ours mixed up! :stress: :teehee:
That would make an interesting shaped cake. :yes:

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet

Post by tattulip » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:55 pm

StarryNightDave wrote:Yeah, well . . .

I made the cake and the filling today. Amazing stuff! I'm going to make the frosting tomorrow and put everything together before we go to my Sister-in-law's house for dinner.

BTW, I used the conversion chart she posted above and used 3 nine-inch pans. They turned out great.
I think I still have a tube cake pan. Should I cut the cake into 3 layers if I use that?

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:26 pm

I guess that would work. But, the baking time would be a lot longer than for regular pans.

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet

Post by tattulip » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:26 am

StarryNightDave wrote:I guess that would work. But, the baking time would be a lot longer than for regular pans.
Well, I never bake cakes and don't want to buy 3 pans for just one cake.

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:40 am

tattulip wrote:
StarryNightDave wrote:I guess that would work. But, the baking time would be a lot longer than for regular pans.
If you eat a piece of carrot cake, does that fill your veggie requirement for the day? :headscratch:

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet

Post by tattulip » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:49 am

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
tattulip wrote:
If you eat a piece of carrot cake, does that fill your veggie requirement for the day? :headscratch:
:yes:

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:24 pm

iamlookingup wrote:
ConsrvYank1 wrote:
I am making my 3-layer Toasted Butter Pecan Cake today, so I will be toasting too. I am also making my Tavern Cheesecake and my Deluxe Poundcake (absolutely delicious.) These recipes go back a long, long time. We are having lots of company for an Easter egg hunt, and for dinner. :cheer:
I wish you had posted these recipes. :ohwell:

:overeact:
TOASTED BUTTER PECAN CAKE

2 cups pecans, chopped, 1 ¼ cup butter(2 ½ sticks), 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. salt, 2 cups sugar, 4 unbeaten eggs, 1 cup milk, 2 tsp. vanilla

Toast pecans in ¼ cup butter (½ stick butter) in 350 degree oven 20-25 minutes. Stir frequently. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Cream 1 cup butter (2 sticks), gradually add sugar, creaming well. Blend in eggs, beat well after each. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Blend well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and 1 1/3 cups pecans. Turn into three 8 or 9 inch round pans, greased and floured on bottoms.. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cool, spread frosting between layers and on top.

BUTTER PECAN FROSTING

Cream ¼ cups butter (½ stick). Add 1 pound (4-4 ¼ cups) sifted powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla and 4-6 tbls. evaporated milk or cream until of spreading consistency. Stir in remaining pecans.

DELUXE POUND CAKE

1 cup butter (2 sticks), ½ cup shortening, 3 cups sugar, 3 cups cake flour or 3 cups less 2 tbls. sifted-all purpose flour, ½ tsp. baking powder, 5 eggs, 1 cup milk, 2 tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp. coconut flavoring

Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour a 10 tube pan. Butter, eggs and milk should be at room temperature. Cream butter, shortening sugar. Sift flour with baking powder. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour alternately with milk, ending with flour. Blend in the flavorings. Pour into pan and bake for I hour and 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before taking out of pan. Sprinkle with confectionary sugar.

I know the one you really wanted was the Tavern Cheesecake, but since I can't find where I posted it in here, we are out of luck. Too bad because this came from an old tavern that was probably built in the 1700's, lots of history.

Here are a couple of things to make a note of. When I wrote my recipes, sometimes I had to change the time, because of the particular stove I had at the time. I should have kept the original time on my recipe, and made a note of the time I was going to use for adjustments. For example I am pretty sure the deluxe Pound Cake suggested 1 hour and 15-20 minutes. I think the Toasted Pecan Cake is the original time, but not 100% sure. For the pound cake I would suggest using a cake tester. Obviously a toothpick won't work on this one.

Also if a recipe called for butter or margarine, I always used butter. On flavorings, such as vanilla, use it in the pure form, not artificial. Some flavorings don't come in a pure form, so you will have to use what's available.

When making any cheesecake, the ingredients must be at room temperature. That way it will be incredibly smooth. Even the pound cake calls for room temp ingredients.
Last edited by ConsrvYank1 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trailboss

Post by trailboss » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

I am supplying an all natural pumpkin cheesecake....

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2008/11/28/c ... nksgiving/
Not only does it contain no cheese, but they did include artery-clogging partially hydrogenated oils and blubber-enhancing high-fructose corn syrup. AND a list of chemicals and faux-foods that would do my college organic chemistry lab credit. Oh yes, if you look carefully (click on photo for larger image) you will see “cheese culture” right after the killer fats and under the section for “2% or less”

That ain’t cheese folks. It’s a crime to call this beaker-load of chemicals and processed crap “cheesecake.”

The fact that I didn’t eat any is one more thing to be thankful for!
Hater! :old:

:whistle:

I did get up at 4am to smoke the trurkey, make Boston baked beans, and prep for the green bean french fried onion casserole though..... :mrgreen:

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:22 pm

iamlookingup wrote:
ConsrvYank1 wrote:...

BUTTER PECAN FROSTING

DELUXE POUND CAKE

1 cup butter (2 sticks), ½ cup shortening, 3 cups sugar, 3 cups cake flour or 3 cups less 2 tbls. sifted-all purpose flour, ½ tsp. baking powder, 5 eggs, 1 cup milk, 2 tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp. coconut flavoring

I will make these! :cheer:

I was surprised to see coconut flavoring in the pound cake. :hmm:
It has a very unique, but suble flavor for a pound cake.

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:37 am

Making two of these his week. :)

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:43 pm

:thumbsup: One of my all-time favorite cakes!!!!!!!!

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:54 pm

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
iamlookingup wrote:
ConsrvYank1 wrote:

2 cups pecans, chopped, 1 ¼ cup butter(2 ½ sticks), 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. salt, 2 cups sugar, 4 unbeaten eggs, 1 cup milk, 2 tsp. vanilla

Toast pecans in ¼ cup butter (½ stick butter) in 350 degree oven 20-25 minutes. Stir frequently. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Cream 1 cup butter (2 sticks), gradually add sugar, creaming well. Blend in eggs, beat well after each. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Blend well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and 1 1/3 cups pecans. Turn into three 8 or 9 inch round pans, greased and floured on bottoms.. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cool, spread frosting between layers and on top.

BUTTER PECAN FROSTING

Cream ¼ cups butter (½ stick). Add 1 pound (4-4 ¼ cups) sifted powdered sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla and 4-6 tbls. evaporated milk or cream until of spreading consistency. Stir in remaining pecans.

DELUXE POUND CAKE

Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour a 10 tube pan. Butter, eggs and milk should be at room temperature. Cream butter, shortening sugar. Sift flour with baking powder. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour alternately with milk, ending with flour. Blend in the flavorings. Pour into pan and bake for I hour and 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before taking out of pan. Sprinkle with confectionary sugar.

I know the one you really wanted was the Tavern Cheesecake, but since I can't find where I posted it in here, we are out of luck. Too bad because this came from an old tavern that was probably built in the 1700's, lots of history.

Here are a couple of things to make a note of. When I wrote my recipes, sometimes I had to change the time, because of the particular stove I had at the time. I should have kept the original time on my recipe, and made a note of the time I was going to use for adjustments. For example I am pretty sure the deluxe Pound Cake suggested 1 hour and 15-20 minutes. I think the Toasted Pecan Cake is the original time, but not 100% sure. For the pound cake I would suggest using a cake tester. Obviously a toothpick won't work on this one.

Also if a recipe called for butter or margarine, I always used butter. On flavorings, such as vanilla, use it in the pure form, not artificial. Some flavorings don't come in a pure form, so you will have to use what's available.

When making any cheesecake, the ingredients must be at room temperature. That way it will be incredibly smooth. Even the pound cake calls for room temp ingredients.

I am an idiot! I only thought I didn't have the recipe with me here in Michigan. I guess I forgot I posted it on my work processor. And what is really strange is that I don't even have that many recipes posted there. Anyway here it is.

However, I suggest you do not attempt this since your oven isn't working right.

TAVERN CHEESECAKE

Crust: 2 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs, ½ cup sugar, ½ cup chopped almonds, ½ cup melted butter, ½ tsp. salt, dash of cinnamon (optional)

Combine those ingredients well, and press into a 9” x 13” pan. You may let the crust harden in the refrigerator, or bake for about 5 minutes at 300 degrees, and then let cool.

Filling: 3 8oz. Containers whipped cream cheese, 1 ¼ cups sugar, 1 tsp. salt, ¼ cup sifted flour, 5 eggs separated, 2 ½ tbls. Lemon juice, ¼ tsp. nutmeg, 1 tsp. vanilla, ½ tsp. almond flavoring, 1 cup sour cream

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all ingredients in order given, except for ¼ cup of the sugar and the 5 egg whites. Beat separately the whites and add the reserved sugar gradually. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the filling. Pour into the chilled crust and bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and open door: allow cake to cool in oven for 1 hour. Then refrigerate. It is important to have all ingredients at room temperature for this recipe, so that excessively beating will not be necessary. The filling will then be unbelievably smooth and creamy.

The original recipe says to bake in a large glass pan, no dimensions. Originally I used an 11" pie plate, and still had some filling left over. Now I am suggesting a 9 x 13 Pyrex dish, it is deeper than a pie plate, and I am pretty sure it would work out.

Always read through the entire recipe before making. If you didn't, and you didn't know anything about baking cheesecakes, then you wouldn't know all the cold ingredients have to be at room temperature.

You can top each individual piece with cherry, blueberry, pineapple topping if you wish. BTW, I always baked the graham cracker crust, rather than letting it harden in the refrigerator.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:12 am

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
Oh, my gosh, these recipes sound wonderful. One of my favorite cakes in the whole world is pound cake. I could eat it everyday for breakfast!!!!!!!!

I hope as I scroll down the thread I find this recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :pixie:

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:14 am

tattulip wrote:
ConsrvYank1 wrote:
tattulip wrote:
:yes:
:lolh: I agree!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:15 am

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
iamlookingup wrote:
ConsrvYank1 wrote:

BUTTER PECAN FROSTING

DELUXE POUND CAKE

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Here it is!!!!!!!!! Perfect!!!!!!!! I never use margarine in a recipe. Not ever! I again agree one-hundred percent NEVER use artificial vanilla!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :tearhair: :scared: :lolh:

Also, times, no matter whose recipe are to be carefully watched so, you should not worry that you changed the times... no one should ever expect the time in a recipe to be exact. :thumbsup:

The only thing I will change is the coconut flavoring as I am not a coconut fan. I will use almond extract! REAL almond extract. :wave: Never artificial! :)

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:12 am

Methinks we need a separate TOASTED BUTTER PECAN CAKE thread.

:lol: :yes:

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:58 am

StarryNightDave wrote:Methinks we need a separate TOASTED BUTTER PECAN CAKE thread.

:lol: :yes:
Be grateful I didn't bring the cookbook with me that had the "Strawberry Cream Puff Tower" with me that I used to make. The instructions were very long, and it took about 10 hours to make. It was beyond magnificant! Back in the day I would look for recipes that were the most challenging.

Dave, since you like the Toasted Butter Pecan Cake so much, here's an idea you can try. I will let you name it. :lol:

You will need a 3-layer white cake, so you can use the TBPC recipe, MINUS the pecans if you like.

There is no frosting on this cake, and you will see why. Now you will have to make a filling that is enough to go between the layers (but not on top). I made vanilla.

You will need a jar of Apricot Jam, and some sliced almonds (which you will toast.)

Make this in the summer because all the fruit should be fresh. Strawberries, blueberries, peaches, watermelon. Cut the watermelon and peaches into bite size.

Make some kind of glaze.

Ok, time to put this together. Put the filling between the layers, but not on top. Toast the almonds. Heat the Apricot jam, and then put it through a sieve. Take a knife and spread the jam on the outside of the 3 layers. Press the almonds on the jam.

Spread a thin layer of the jam on the top layer of the cake. Pile the fresh fruit on top, making it as much of a triangle as you can. Some fruit may fall off, that's ok. Finally drizzle the glaze on top of the fruit.

This is definetely not a cake you want to take anywhere with you. I was always afraid of even moving it to the refrigerator, so I served it right after I made it. It is delicious for anybody like me that hates most frosting, and likes the moisture of the filling. Very pretty to look at.

This recipe was made up entirely by me. You won't find it in any cookbook.

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:11 pm

(Does she know I've never tried that cake?") :shock: