skets in meat sauce

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
College Boy
You can call me College Professor Boy
Location: Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain.

skets in meat sauce

Post by College Boy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:58 pm

Today I cooked skets in meat sauce. I got some water boiling and put a collander in it. I put a pound of little shells in the collander and browned a pound of beef. I also heated up some skets sauce in the microwave. I combined everything in a bowl. Serve with parmesan cheese.

-Mike

Fatherducque

Re: skets in meat sauce

Post by Fatherducque » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:08 pm

No sweet basil?????

Barbarian!

streetsoldier
General von Nuisance

Post by streetsoldier » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:26 am

Fatherducque wrote:No sweet basil?????

Barbarian!

Yeah, an' you forgot da gator meat, too.

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Post by StarryNightDave » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Oh, come on. You only add basil if you are making sauce from scratch - not from a jar. THat's the point of sauce from a jar - it's already made. I, myself, like the Emeril sauces like his Kicked up tomato. I also like the Barilla Vidallia Onion sauce. Those are about the only ones that don't taste like they came from a jar.

College Boy
You can call me College Professor Boy
Location: Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain.

Post by College Boy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:25 pm

StarryNightDave wrote:Oh, come on. You only add basil if you are making sauce from scratch - not from a jar. THat's the point of sauce from a jar - it's already made. I, myself, like the Emeril sauces like his Kicked up tomato. I also like the Barilla Vidallia Onion sauce. Those are about the only ones that don't taste like they came from a jar.
They also cost twice as much.

-Mike

abbi
Lunch Lady in Training

Post by abbi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:26 pm

I absolutely cannot bring myself to prepare a meal with sauce from a jar. I have to make it from scratch. I am making sauce and meatballs tomorrow as a matter of fact. I'm doing a lunch & learn at my local chamber of commerce a week from Tuesday and a local farmer I know is donating ground beef for my meatballs. The only problem is that because his ground beef is a lot leaner than what I normally use I need to have a test run to get the ratios of all the ingredients right so they are not too dry. So, I'm doing a test run tomorrow and I will bring most of them over to him so he can freeze them and have meals for himself. He is single so I'm sure he doesn't cook for himself very often. I think he is really looking forward to it because I tried to pay him for the beef and he said he wanted meatballs. He's already had my sauce and loved it. :cool:

Fatherducque

Post by Fatherducque » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:02 pm

abbi wrote:I absolutely cannot bring myself to prepare a meal with sauce from a jar. I have to make it from scratch. I am making sauce and meatballs tomorrow as a matter of fact. I'm doing a lunch & learn at my local chamber of commerce a week from Tuesday and a local farmer I know is donating ground beef for my meatballs. The only problem is that because his ground beef is a lot leaner than what I normally use I need to have a test run to get the ratios of all the ingredients right so they are not too dry. So, I'm doing a test run tomorrow and I will bring most of them over to him so he can freeze them and have meals for himself. He is single so I'm sure he doesn't cook for himself very often. I think he is really looking forward to it because I tried to pay him for the beef and he said he wanted meatballs. He's already had my sauce and loved it. :cool:
I like this guy's approach! :)

Smooth! Real smooth, but with good taste and style. :thumbsup:

Degree of separation question: Is this guy's name Fred? I will croak if it is.

BTW: "Fred" is a good guy as of ten years ago. He also grows some of the best sweet corn ever eaten.

abbi
Lunch Lady in Training

Post by abbi » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:33 am

Fatherducque wrote:
abbi wrote:I absolutely cannot bring myself to prepare a meal with sauce from a jar. I have to make it from scratch. I am making sauce and meatballs tomorrow as a matter of fact. I'm doing a lunch & learn at my local chamber of commerce a week from Tuesday and a local farmer I know is donating ground beef for my meatballs. The only problem is that because his ground beef is a lot leaner than what I normally use I need to have a test run to get the ratios of all the ingredients right so they are not too dry. So, I'm doing a test run tomorrow and I will bring most of them over to him so he can freeze them and have meals for himself. He is single so I'm sure he doesn't cook for himself very often. I think he is really looking forward to it because I tried to pay him for the beef and he said he wanted meatballs. He's already had my sauce and loved it. :cool:
I like this guy's approach! :)

Smooth! Real smooth, but with good taste and style. :thumbsup:

Degree of separation question: Is this guy's name Fred? I will croak if it is.

BTW: "Fred" is a good guy as of ten years ago. He also grows some of the best sweet corn ever eaten.
No. His name is Ray. :teehee: Were you anywhere near the Brighton area when you were here? You may have known his dad. Where is Fred's farm?