Burgers

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
abbi
Lunch Lady in Training

Burgers

Post by abbi » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:45 pm

I just made up a recipe for a Jalapeno Salsa Burger. I thought it was delicious. I guess I'll see what you all think.

1/2 lb 85/15 Hamburger
1 Tblsp finely chopped pickled Jalapeno slices(medium)
1 Tblsp Medium Chunky Salsa
1 Tblsp Cheddar/Jack Shredded Cheese
Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder to taste

Mix all ingredients and form into two patties. Grill to desired doneness. After turning them put 1 slice Havarti Cheese on each one.

I topped mine with some lettuce and Ketchhot. They can be spicy especially when you add the Ketchhot but I loved it. I would love honest feedback from anyone that tries this recipe because I made it up.

Doc Trock

Re: Burgers

Post by Doc Trock » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:11 pm

abbi wrote:I just made up a recipe for a Jalapeno Salsa Burger. I thought it was delicious. I guess I'll see what you all think.

1/2 lb 85/15 Hamburger
1 Tblsp finely chopped pickled Jalapeno slices(medium)
1 Tblsp Medium Chunky Salsa
1 Tblsp Cheddar/Jack Shredded Cheese
Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder to taste

Mix all ingredients and form into two patties. Grill to desired doneness. After turning them put 1 slice Havarti Cheese on each one.

I topped mine with some lettuce and Ketchhot. They can be spicy especially when you add the Ketchhot but I loved it. I would love honest feedback from anyone that tries this recipe because I made it up.
I haven't tried it....but it sounds really good. My only suggestion is why leave out bacon? Two or three slices of thick, smoked applewood bacon seem like a prerequisite here.

abbi
Lunch Lady in Training

Post by abbi » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:08 pm

I did another one today. 85/15 beef, diced cheddar cheese and diced pickled jalapeno slices. Cook the burgers to desired doneness and add PepperJack cheese slices on top. Put them on Ciabbata bread that was brushed with Olive Oil and toasted on the grill. Add chopped tomato and Ketchhot. Winner, winner burger dinner :) I also oven fried some potato wedges. Yum Yum!! I am so full. My brother loved it.

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:50 pm

abbi wrote:I did another one today. 85/15 beef, diced cheddar cheese and diced pickled jalapeno slices. Cook the burgers to desired doneness and add PepperJack cheese slices on top. Put them on Ciabbata bread that was brushed with Olive Oil and toasted on the grill. Add chopped tomato and Ketchhot. Winner, winner burger dinner :) I also oven fried some potato wedges. Yum Yum!! I am so full. My brother loved it.
That sounds delicious, especially the Ciabbata bread with olive oil. Fed-Ex me one.
:lol: