A Ketchot testimonal! (BBQ chicken!)

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
DSMBaptist
Perma-Newb™
Location: Destroying the New World Order and putting NEOCONS in their place!

A Ketchot testimonal! (BBQ chicken!)

Post by DSMBaptist » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:37 pm

I recently bought a few bottles of Ketchot from Dave, and while I was waiting for them to arrive, I broke into my supply of chili fixings, and ate them up, so when the Ketchot arrived, I wasn't able any longer to fix chili, so what did I do?

I went to Wal Mart, bought some chicken hind quarters (Yea, I know, I could have replaced the chills fixings, but saw the chicken on sale, so I opted for chicken instead) I made BBQ chicken hind quarters instead!

I didn't follow a recipe, I just kinda ..."winged it" (Oh...bad pun! :shakehead: ), but for those who want some sort of a guide, here's what I made, to the best of my estimation:

3 bottles Ketchot
2 small cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 TBLS minced garlic
1-2 cups of water

1 bag chicken hind quarters
1 9x13x4 disposable pan

Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl, dip the chicken in the mix, put in %350 oven for two hours.

Note: I didn't cover the chicken, and maybe I should have, but it came out okay.

I probably didn't have to go two hours, especially since I put my baking stone underneath the chicken, but when it came out, it was just a tad burnt, but the meat on the chicken just slid off the bone and was just as tasty as one could get! :woot: :stars:

Oh man oh man, this chicken is to die for! Thanks Dave, for inventing this great sauce! :cheer: :clap2: :givehug: :woot: :arms:

StarryNightDave
Mentative

Re: A Ketchot testimonal! (BBQ chicken!)

Post by StarryNightDave » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:53 pm

Wow - this shows how long it's been since I came into the recipe forum. Didn't see this.

Thanks for the plug! :TTC:

DSMBaptist
Perma-Newb™
Location: Destroying the New World Order and putting NEOCONS in their place!

Re: A Ketchot testimonal! (BBQ chicken!)

Post by DSMBaptist » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:00 am

You are quite welcome, Dave! :stars:

But sad to say, my treasured baking stone from Pampered Chef bit the dust after ten years of faithful service :shakehead:

(But it was kinda my fault for using it on the stove top) :embarrassed: