Weekend Breakfasts!

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
Johnny 99
Formerly known as "kad"
Location: I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Re: Weekend Breakfasts!

Post by Johnny 99 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:58 am

I have a question.

Assuming I learned to cook (not too likely, but hey, this IS the Internet), could I make these breakfasts on a weekday, too?

:mrgreen:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Kad wrote:I have a question.

Assuming I learned to cook (not too likely, but hey, this IS the Internet), could I make these breakfasts on a weekday, too?

Depends on what you like, how much AM time you have, and what you really want to do. Many recipes can be prepared the night before then finished in the morning. Some go together so quickly it isn't necessary.

These you can grab in the morning and take with you:
** Make Breakfast Sandwiches. Toast English Muffins. Cut out circles of a Pan Size Omelet with a drinking glass, and from slices of ham or flat sausage, and from slices of Jack or Cheddar Cheese. Layer them between the Muffins to make breakfast sandwiches. Heat till cheese is melted or Wrap & Refrigerate for that late rush to the office. Make these with most left over meats including thin sliced Steak.
This can be put together in less than a half hour
** Cook frozen ‘diced’ Hash Browns in butter till brown. Add crumbled cooked Bacon and pour in ‘lightly-beaten’ Eggs. Slide Omelet onto platter, flipping to fold over.
This can be made in 15 minutes
** Throw some ‘left-over’ pasta in a skillet with oil & butter, crack a couple of eggs on top, season, and sprinkle with shredded sausage and a few herbs.

These you have to prepare for the night before:
** Make a batch of Crepes the night before, place between wax paper sheets, refrigerate in a container. Warm some canned Fruits, the fruit Syrup, and Crepes. Fill Crepes with fruit, fold, and pour Syrup over the top with a few more pieces of fruit. Dust w/powdered sugar. Pears, peaches, mango, papaya, and various berries work well. Fresh Bananas can be heated with brown sugar and butter. Shave some Chocolate on Crepes.

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:54 pm

falvegas wrote:
Kad wrote:I have a question.

Depends on what you like, how much AM time you have, and what you really want to do. Many recipes can be prepared the night before then finished in the morning. Some go together so quickly it isn't necessary.

quote]

I think Kad was being facetious. :lol:

Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:01 pm

Denver Omelet

2 T. butter
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped red and/or green bell peppers
1/2 cup diced cooked ham
8 slices bacon - fried, drained, and crumbled
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 to 3 drops hot sauce (optional)

Preparation -
Melt the butter in a skillet and saute the chopped onion, bell peppers, ham and bacon. In a small bowl, whip the eggs lightly. Add the salt and pepper and hot sauce (if using.) Pour the egg mixture in the skillet over the other ingredients. Lightly brown on one side. Turn over and lightly brown other side.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
More weekend breakfast delights!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:05 pm

Three Cheese Quiche

3/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
6 large eggs
1 cup half and half
2 tsp. finely chopped onion
2 tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. dried chives
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 - 9" unbaked pie shell

Preparation-
Mix the cheeses together and spread over the bottom of the pie shell. Mix the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour the mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Bake in a preheated oven at 400º for 15 minutes. Lower the oven temp to 350º and continue baking for 35 to 40 more minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve piping hot.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Of course, it goes without saying, you can make your quiche crust if you have a favorite recipe and the time!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Hash Brown & Sausage Breakfast Bake

1 lb. fresh pork sausage
4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
2 T. milk
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3/4 cup Bisquick®
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
paprika

Preparation-
Remove the sausage from it's casing. Cook the sausage in a skillet until it's cooked through and browned. Crumble the sausage as it's cooking; drain and set aside. Grease a 10" iron skillet or spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the potatoes in the bottom of the prepared skillet or dish. In a small mixing bowl, mix the onions, milk, cream cheese, salt and pepper together. Spead the mixture over the potatoes. Mix the Bisquick®, milk, and eggs together and whisk until smooth. Pour over the other ingredients. Scatter the crumbled sausage over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven at 400º for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Sometimes we have office parties where we take a dish... there's always plenty of lunch dishes so I like to take something a bit different! This would fit that bill perfectly!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Sour Cream Pancakes

1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 T. sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream
2 T. vegetable oil

Preparation-
Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar together. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, and sour cream together. Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, just until the moistened. Pour the vegetable oil on to a griddle. Heat the griddle to medium high. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot griddle. Cook until the bottom of a pancake is golden brown and the edges begin to bubble. Turn over and cook other side. Serve pancakes piping hot with peach topping (recipe below) or your favorite fruit topping or syrup.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is an excellent basic pancake recipe!

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:21 pm

I think someone has a group breakfast coming up.........

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Baked Apple Pancakes

4 T. butter
1/2 cup sugar + 2 T. sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
2 Granny Smith or other large tart apples - peeled, cored, and sliced very thin
8 eggs
1-1/3 cups milk
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
confectioners' sugar

Preparation -
Melt the butter in deep 9" or 10" skillet with an oven-proof handle. (A good cast iron skillet is perfect for this.) Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon together. Sprinkle the mixture in the bottom of the skillet. Scatter the apple slices over the sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, milk, flour, salt, vanilla and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar together. Pour the mixture over the apples in the skillet. Bake in a preheated oven at 400º for 15 to 20 minutes, or until light golden brown and puffy. Move to a serving platter, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve piping hot.
Oooh, I really like this recipe!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:22 pm

falvegas wrote:I think someone has a group breakfast coming up.........

:lolh: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I just wanted to give everyone ideas for breakfast when they have a long weekend or just because!!!!!!!!!! :lolh:

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Cheese Blintzes

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
vegetable oil

filling
1-1/2 cups creamed cottage cheese
2 T. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 egg, beaten

Preparation -
Beat the eggs lightly. Add milk, water, flour and salt to make a thin, smooth batter. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in an 8" skillet. Pour a thin layer of batter in the skillet, tipping the skillet in all directions to cover the bottom evenly with the batter. Fry until the bottom is golden brown and the top is set. Turn onto a clean kitchen towel or pastry cloth. Continue making more round thin "crepes", browning on one side only, until all batter is used. Blend the filling ingredients together. Place 1 tablespoon of the filling mixture on the browned side of each crepe. Roll each one, jelly roll style, folding in both ends to hold the filling inside. Lightly brown each blintz in the skillet in a small amount of vegetable oil, turning to brown evenly all around. To serve, sprinkle the blintzes very lightly with cinnamon, if desired. Top with a fruit sauce, fruit topping, fresh fruit, or sour cream.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Oh, this is a prize! I don't have a basic recipe for cheese blintz!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Cinnamon Crumb Brunch Cake

1-1/4 cups flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 stick butter, chilled and cut into thin slices
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg, lightly beaten

Preparation -
Spray an 8" or 9" round or square cake pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. Combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture is coarse crumbs. (Use a pastry blender or 2 knives.) Measure and set aside 1/2 cup crumbs for the topping. Mix the baking powder and baking soda into the remaining flour mixture. Add the buttermilk, vanilla, and egg. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle the reserved 1/2 cup crumbs over the batter. Bake in a preheated oven at 350º for 30 minutes or until the center of the cake springs back when touched lightly. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Oh, this is nice and easy and can be served as the bread with an omelet!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:44 pm

Orange Marmalade Pecan Bread

3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 T. grated orange rind
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Preparation -
Grease and flour a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan; set aside. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, marmalade, oil and grated rind; mix well. Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and stir, just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the pecans. Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350º for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the baked bread cool in the pan, on a wire rack, for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan; brush the top with melted butter. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I love orange marmalade!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Sweet Corn Muffins

1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup canned or frozen (thawed) yellow corn

Preparation -
Generously grease a 12 cup muffin pan with vegetable shortening or spray generously with non stick cooking spray. Cream the butter, sugar, honey, and eggs together in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add the dry mixture, alternately with the milk, to the butter mixture. Use a large spoon or heavy spatula to stir the corn into the batter. The batter will be thick. Dividing the batter equally, fill the muffin cups. Bake in a preheated oven at 400º for 20 to 25 minutes or until the muffins are very lightly browned on top.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
These sound like a great morning treat with coffee or tea!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Well, our Christmas break is almost over! I guess I don't have a long weekend coming up again anytime too soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, it's been fun!!!!!!!!!!!

:pixie:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:58 pm

Breakfast Casserole (Pennsylvania Dutch)
Ingredients
6 Large eggs
2 Cups Milk
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Dry mustard
2 Slices white bread, cubed
1 Lb Sausage browned
1 Cup Sharp/mild cheddar, shredded
Preparation
Beat eggs, add milk, salt and mustard, mixing well. Grease bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish. Place in layer of bread cubes, the sausage, then cheese. Pour egg mixture over the top. Refrigerate overnight. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes before cutting. NOTE: For 8 people use 3 slices of bread and 8 eggs.

Ham & Egg Hash Brown Pie
Ingredients
3 lb all-purpose potatoes , peeled
4 tsp oil
11⁄4 tsp salt
6 large eggs
11⁄2 cups whole milk
2 tsp dry mustard
11⁄2 cups each diced ham and shredded Cheddar cheese
1 finely chopped red bell pepper
1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallions
Preparation
** Lightly coat two 9-in. pie plates with nonstick cooking spray .
** Coarsely shred potatoes; place into a large bowl of cold water to keep them from discoloring and to rinse off excess starch.
** Heat 2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet . Drain half of the potatoes very well, add to skillet and sprinkle with 1⁄2 tsp salt. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, 8 minutes or until potatoes are soft and pale golden.
** Press potatoes evenly over bottom and up sides of pie plate. Repeat for second pie. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
** About 50 minutes before serving: Heat oven to 350°F. Whisk eggs, milk, dry mustard and remaining 1⁄4 tsp salt in a large bowl to blend. Divide ham, cheese, bell pepper and scallions between pie plates. Pour half the egg mixture over each.
** Bake 35 to 40 minutes until a knife inserted near center of pies comes out clean.

The crust can be made through Step 2 up to 1 day ahead. The ham, cheese, bell pepper and scallions can be prepared, bagged together and refrigerated up to 1 day.

Bacon & Egg Pudding

Ingredients
3 Tbsp stick butter, softened
8 regular-size English muffins , split, toasted
4 oz thinly sliced Swiss cheese (see Tip), slices cut in half crosswise
4 oz thinly sliced American cheese (see Tip)
1 pkg (6 oz) Canadian-style bacon (10 slices)
6 large eggs
3 cups milk
1⁄4 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
Garnish: chopped parsley
Preparation
** Coat a shallow 21⁄2- to 3-qt baking dish with 2 tsp butter. Lightly spread re¬maining butter over split sides of muffins. Using half the cheese and half the Canadian bacon, make sandwiches with 5 English muffins. Cut each sandwich in half.
** Arrange remaining 6 muffin halves split side up over bottom of prepared baking dish, cutting to fit if necessary. Coarsely chop remaining Canadian bacon; sprinkle over muffins. Top with alternating and overlapping slices of remaining cheese. Top with slightly overlapping sandwich halves, cut sides facing down, keeping sandwiches intact.
** Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl until blended. Pour evenly over sandwiches, using a spatula to press sandwiches, so egg mixture is evenly ab¬sorbed. Cover with foil and refrigerate 3 hours.
** Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover pudding (reserve foil). Bake 55 to 60 minutes until puffed and browned (if browning too much during last 10 minutes, cover loosely with reserved foil). Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley.

Prepare through Step 3 at least 3 hours ahead.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Pixie wrote:Well, our Christmas break is almost over! I guess I don't have a long weekend coming up again anytime too soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, it's been fun!!!!!!!!!!!

4 of us were going to sail out to Avalon next week but they called me back early. I haven't called the guys yet, they'll burn up on re-entry.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:17 pm

falvegas wrote:
Pixie wrote:Well, our Christmas break is almost over! I guess I don't have a long weekend coming up again anytime too soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, it's been fun!!!!!!!!!!!

4 of us were going to sail out to Avalon next week but they called me back early. I haven't called the guys yet, they'll burn up on re-entry.
Ooooooh, I knew they called you back to work early I didn't know you were going to have to break plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this thing at work is important!!!!!!!!!!! :noparty: :noparty: :noparty:

:lolh:

Royd

Post by Royd » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:20 pm

The only breakfast to have is a FULL ENGLISH.

Otherwise known as an edible heart attack.

Especially with Black Pudding (Congealed Pigs Blood).

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:23 pm

Royd wrote:The only breakfast to have is a FULL ENGLISH.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS, BUT.........IT WOULDN'T HAVE LIVED ANYWAY.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Royd wrote:The only breakfast to have is a FULL ENGLISH.

I recognized most everything on the plate but the Black Pudding! I've heard of it!!!!!!!!!!

:wave: :wave: :wave: It does look like a heart attack waiting to happen! :embarrassed:

:wave: Royd!!!!!!!!!

Royd

Post by Royd » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:37 pm

That was the PG rated breakfast, her is the R rated one with the pudding :)

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:45 am

Sausage Stuffed Biscuit with Gravy (Sandra Lee)

Ingredients
Butter-flavored nonstick Cooking Spray
1 pkg. Italian All Natural Ground Sausage (Johnsonville mild variety)
2 1/4 cups Baking Mix
3/4 cup Milk, plus more for brushing
6 TBS cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 pkg. (2.64 oz.) country Gravy Mix
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 cups Water
Directions
** Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
** Spray large 6-muffin tin with butter-flavored cooking spray.
** Form round sausage patties with Italian Ground Sausage. In a skillet, brown sausage patties on both sides, remove and reserve drippings.
** In a medium bowl, stir together baking mix and milk to a soft dough consistency. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces.
** With clean hands, flatten dough into disks. Line the bottom of each muffin cup with one dough disk.
** Place sausage patty on top of each disk and sprinkle with 1 Tbls. cheese. Top with another dough disk and press the edges together to seal. Repeat to make 6 stuffed biscuits.
** Brush tops of biscuits with milk and bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
** Meanwhile, over medium heat, add gravy mix and garlic powder to skillet with reserved drippings. Slowly whisk in water. Continue to stir until gravy thickens.
** Remove biscuits from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm gravy over stuffed biscuits

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:45 am

Sunrise Casserole (by Johnsonville)
A breakfast casserole with eggs and Sausage, good for a buffet table and can be made ahead of time to make entertaining easy
Ingredients
2 Pkgs. (12 oz. each) Breakfast Sausage Links
9 Eggs
3 Cups Milk
1-1/2 Tsp. ground Mustard
1 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Pepper
2 Pkgs. (20 oz. each) refrigerated shredded Hash Browns
2 Cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup diced sweet Red Pepper
1/3 cup thinly sliced Green Onions
2 cups salsa or Picante Sauce, optional
Directions
Preheat Oven to 375˚F
** Place sausage on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, turning once. Drain and slice into 1/4-in. Coins.
** In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper and green onions; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
** Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 65-70 minutes or until set and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with Salsa or Picante sauce if desired.
12-15 servings
Last edited by falvegas on Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Wow!!!!!!!!! How easy can it get!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Pixie wrote:Wow!!!!!!!!! How easy can it get!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Ooops...I put in doubles. It's corrected with the one I intended to put in last. The Sunrise Casserole.
Last edited by falvegas on Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:05 pm

Cheese-filled Breakfast Puffs (By Johnsonville Sausage)

Ingredients
1 pkg. (12 oz.) Breakfast Sausage Links
2 tubes (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
5 slices deli cheese, cut into thirds
Directions
Cook sausage according to package directions; drain. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 14 triangles (there are two extra triangles). Place one strip of cheese and one sausage link onto the wide end of each triangle. Roll up, starting with the wide end. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375˚F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

Good for dipping! Serve with a cheese sauce, salsa or spicy jam.
14 breakfast puffs.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:43 pm

falvegas wrote:Sunrise Casserole (by Johnsonville)
A breakfast casserole with eggs and Sausage, good for a buffet table and can be made ahead of time to make entertaining easy
Ingredients
9 Eggs
3 Cups Milk
1 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Pepper
Directions
Preheat Oven to 375˚F
** Place sausage on a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, turning once. Drain and slice into 1/4-in. Coins.
** In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper and green onions; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
** Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 65-70 minutes or until set and golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve with Salsa or Picante sauce if desired.
12-15 servings
Oh, yeah! I'm loving this one too!!!!!!!!!! We have some of the greatest breakfast ideas going!!!!!!!

:lolh: :clap2: :lolh:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Pixie wrote:
falvegas wrote:Sunrise Casserole (by Johnsonville)
Ingredients
9 Eggs
3 Cups Milk
1 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Pepper
Directions
Preheat Oven to 375˚F
12-15 servings
Oh, yeah! I'm loving this one too!!!!!!!!!! We have some of the greatest breakfast ideas going!!!!!!!

:lolh: :clap2: :lolh:
I liked this one also. may try it soon, even kick it up a bit to quietly southwestern

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:42 pm

Pixie wrote:Orange Marmalade Pecan Bread

3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 T. grated orange rind
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Preparation -
Grease and flour a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan; set aside. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, marmalade, oil and grated rind; mix well. Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and stir, just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in the pecans. Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350º for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the baked bread cool in the pan, on a wire rack, for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan; brush the top with melted butter. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I love orange marmalade!
I really like this one, almost forgot it was in here. Marmalade is one of my very best favorite jams along with blueberry, apricot, and curant. I did a Ham when I was in new England, and glazed it with a Marmalade & Rum mix. And you know me and Duck. I often glaze a roast Duck with a sauce base of Marmalade n'stuff.

Well the siblings are gone back. By my ownself...they came here, I went there, and they came back here all in a space of a few weeks. Boy did we cook, what a marathon.