Weekend Breakfasts!

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weekend Breakfasts!

Post by Pixie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:56 pm

Slow-Cooked Scrambled Eggs with Green Herbs
Serves: 4 servings

10 extra-large eggs
8 oz. whole milk or half-and-half
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
1 tablespoon minced scallions, white and green parts
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large saute or omelet pan. Add the eggs and cook them over low heat, folding them over almost constantly with a rubber spatula, until the desired doneness. Off the heat, add the remaining tablespoon of butter, the parsley, scallions, and dill. Stir until the butter is melted. Check for seasonings. Serve hot.

Pixie

Re: Weekend Breakfasts!

Post by Pixie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:57 pm

Breakfast Lemon and Basil Eggs over Foccacia
Serves: 4 to 6 servings

1 large loaf foccacia bread
2 tablespoons Meyer lemon olive oil, or 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil combined with 1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 eggs
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup milk

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut the top off the foccacia and hollow out the bread inside. Tear the top of the foccacia and the inside bread into 1-inch pieces and save for the egg mixture. Brush the inside of the foccacia with the Meyer lemon olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the basil, cheese, salt, pepper, and milk. Whisk lightly. Stir in up to 4 cups of the bread pieces.

Carefully pour the egg mixture into the toasted foccacia bottom. Return to the oven and bake until the eggs have cooked, about 35 to 40 minutes.

Cut the baked foccacia into 6 to 8 pieces and serve immediately.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Breakfast Pizza

1 storebought pizza dough
2 tablespoons butter, melted
4 tablespoons Cinnamon-Sugar, divided, recipe follows
2 cups mascarpone cheese
1 tablespoon heavy cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
2 cups mixed berries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Using a rolling pin, roll out the pizza dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Transfer the pizza dough to the lined baking sheet and brush the dough with the melted butter. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Cinnamon-Sugar and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool the pizza crust on a wire rack.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the cheese, cream, lemon juice, and zest.

Spread the cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Top with mixed berries and sprinkle with the remaining Cinnamon-Sugar.

Slice like a pizza and serve.

Cinnamon-Sugar:
1 vanilla bean
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Cut the vanilla bean in half, lengthwise. Using the back of a knife, scrape along the inside of the vanilla bean to collect the seeds. Scrape vanilla bean seeds into a small bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. Set aside in a small serving bowl.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Breakfast Italian Breakfast Skewers

8 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 red pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch squares
1/4 pound pancetta, cubed
1/2 cup pineapple cubes, fresh

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Thread the skewers starting with the sausage, then the red pepper, then the pancetta, then the pineapple. Each skewer should have 2 of these sets. Continue with the rest of the skewers.

Arrange on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown on the edges and the pancetta is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Serve warm.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:03 pm

Bread Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits
Serves: 8 biscuits

2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
1/2 cup cold buttermilk, shaken
1 cold extra-large egg
1 cup grated extra-sharp Cheddar
1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water or milk
Maldon sea salt, optional

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Place 2 cups of flour, the baking powder, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. With the mixer on low, add the butter and mix until the butter is the size of peas.

Combine the buttermilk and egg in a small measuring cup and beat lightly with a fork. With the mixer still on low, quickly add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and mix only until moistened. In a small bowl, mix the Cheddar with small handful of flour and, with the mixer still on low, add the cheese to the dough. Mix only until roughly combined.

Dump out onto a well-floured board and knead lightly about 6 times. Roll the dough out to a rectangle 10 by 5 inches. With a sharp, floured knife, cut the dough lengthwise in half and then across in quarters, making 8 rough rectangles. Transfer to a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Brush the tops with the egg wash, sprinkle with salt, if using, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are browned and the biscuits are cooked through.

Serve hot or warm.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:05 pm

Sauce Easy Strawberry Jam
Serves: 3 cups

3 pints fresh strawberries
3 cups superfine sugar
2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and small-diced
1/2 cup fresh blueberries

Place the strawberries in a colander and rinse them under cold running water. Drain and hull the strawberries. Cut the larger berries in half or quarters and leave the small berries whole. Place the strawberries in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot such as heavy Dutch oven and toss them with the sugar and orange-flavored liqueur.

Bring the berry mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Add the apple and blueberries and continue to keep the mixture at a rolling boil, stirring occasionally, until the jam reaches 220 degrees on a candy thermometer. This should take 25 to 35 minutes. Skim and discard any foam that rises to the top.

Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature and then store covered in the refrigerator. It will keep refrigerated for at least 2 weeks. To keep the jam longer, pack and seal in canning jars according to the manufacturer's instructions.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Shirred Eggs in Ramekins, a la vegas.......... :stars:

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:16 pm

:lolh: Well... where is the recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolh:

I know, I know, it's a slow moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, I haven't been up all night!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:30 pm

Pixie wrote::lolh: Well... where is the recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolh:

I know, I know, it's a slow moving day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, I haven't been up all night!!!!!!!!!

I gave that recipe to you, pix...My Ad Hock eggs recipe from the pot au feu Broth. I was going to make Shirred Eggs, and decided we'd all had enough Butter for one month so I whipped that up. Oh, I see...you want me to share it with everyone?

Now here's a breakfast you Yankees don't see every day:
1849 - Hangtown (Placerville today) was a base of supply for the Gold Mining region in California. A prospector rushed the saloon of the El Dorado announcing he had struck it rich and had reason to celebrate. "I want you to cook me up the finest and most expensive meal in the house. I’m a rich man and I’m going to celebrate my good luck.” The following stuff was expensive back then.

Hangtown Fry Recipe
(A breakfast)

1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
Breading mixture of cracker crumbs and bread crumbs
Vegetable Oil
3 oysters
2 slices bacon
2 eggs
In a small bowl, beat egg with the milk.
Dip the oysters in egg/milk mixture and then breading. Pan-fry until three-fourths cooked. While doing this, fry the bacon in another skillet until just before it becomes crisp.
Beat the eggs lightly. Place the bacon like railroad tracks off-center in a frying pan, pour a bit of the egg over the bacon. Place the oysters on bacon and pour the remaining eggs over. Cook and then fold the omelets over.
Makes 1 serving.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:09 pm

Well, it was because in the New Year's Dinner thread it was within a post that if others didn't fully read they wouldn't have known what you meant... that's why!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry I should have been more clear!

I read the whole post so I knew I just wasn't sure if everyone would!!!!!!!!!! It's a great idea too!!!!!! I think others would really enjoy the simplicity of the recipe!!!!!!!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:13 pm

falvegas wrote:
Pixie wrote::lolh: Well... where is the recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolh:

I gave that recipe to you, pix...My Ad Hock eggs recipe from the pot au feu Broth. I was going to make Shirred Eggs, and decided we'd all had enough Butter for one month so I whipped that up. Oh, I see...you want me to share it with everyone?

Now here's a breakfast you Yankees don't see every day:
1849 - Hangtown (Placerville today) was a base of supply for the Gold Mining region in California. A prospector rushed the saloon of the El Dorado announcing he had struck it rich and had reason to celebrate. "I want you to cook me up the finest and most expensive meal in the house. I’m a rich man and I’m going to celebrate my good luck.” The following stuff was expensive back then.

Hangtown Fry Recipe
(A breakfast)

1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
Breading mixture of cracker crumbs and bread crumbs
Vegetable Oil
3 oysters
2 slices bacon
2 eggs
In a small bowl, beat egg with the milk.
Dip the oysters in egg/milk mixture and then breading. Pan-fry until three-fourths cooked. While doing this, fry the bacon in another skillet until just before it becomes crisp.
Beat the eggs lightly. Place the bacon like railroad tracks off-center in a frying pan, pour a bit of the egg over the bacon. Place the oysters on bacon and pour the remaining eggs over. Cook and then fold the omelets over.
Makes 1 serving.

Am I correct that today this is considered a traditional New England breakfast????

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:54 pm

Pixie wrote:Well, it was because in the New Year's Dinner thread it was within a post that if others didn't fully read they wouldn't have known what you meant... that's why!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry I should have been more clear!

I read the whole post so I knew I just wasn't sure if everyone would!!!!!!!!!! It's a great idea too!!!!!! I think others would really enjoy the simplicity of the recipe!!!!!!!
See...you're taking me seriously again. I'm surely not myself today, as I was telling my sister Pat; I'm lucky I live out here now I'm 3 hours younger than you guys back East, and I was telling her that we only have a day left, and she said what are you talking about, today is only Thursday, and I said Ohhh, then now I'm at least a day younger than those back East, and so I said, I'm going to takle a bath, see if it'll relax me...I almost drown.......

And no, I'm not drunk....just giddy...........
Of course I'll post that concoction...soon as I finish this wine.
Last edited by falvegas on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:05 pm

:laugh: :lol: :teehee: :rofl2: :lolh: :rofl:

Oh, do we have a favorite post ever thread????????????????????????????

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Eggs Poached with Ham by falvegas
Now what would that be, maybe...OEufs Poches au Jambon?

per person:
1 Ramekin
2 Brown Eggs
Slice of Good Ham, drizzled with some orange Juice
Dark Brown Broth from a Boiled Beef & Vegetable Dish, preferably pot au feu

* Pour 1/8 inch Broth into Ramekin
* Lay Ham on the Bottom, trim to fit right
* Crack 2 Eggs into the Ramekin
* Fill Ramekin with more Broth, to 1/4 inch from top.
* Sprinkle with Sea Salt and ground Black Pepper
* Bake in Toaster Oven @ 375 Degrees until Eggs are either Poached or Soft Boiled to your taste.
Serve with home made Croutons 4 inches by 1 inch, from french bread, toasted in the oven till golden.

For a Mock version, combine a Good Vegetable Stock with a Good Beef Stock and reduce to a tasty richness. But it won't be the same. Nothing is a delicious and nourishing as the broth from a home made pot au feu.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:14 am

I especially like the Buttermilk/Cheddar Biscuits. The Scrambled Eggs with Herbs are the way I make French Omelets most of the time, and Basic Omelets, and Scrambled Eggs. I most always add chopped scallions, parsley, and usually an Herb compatible with what I’m serving. With mushrooms it’s usually Tarragon, with Ham or Sausage it might be Sage or Savory, with Beef it would likely be Thyme or Marjoram, and with Fish (which is rare) it might be Dill or Tarragon. I’ve used smoked Salmon with Sour Cream Scrambled Eggs a few times, and added Dill.

French Omelets are the trip, less than 30 seconds and they’re done. Well, as long as you keep containers of fillings around like cooked mushrooms, ham, shredded cheese, etc. Toss a pad of Butter and dabble of Oil in the pan, and in goes the Egg Mix. Add the filling in 10 seconds and cook for another 10 to 15. A Pull of the Wrist and the Omelet folds on itself, then one turn to the right and it’s in the plate. Top with more buttery mushrooms and chopped parsley, and you’re pumping out 2 or 3 a minute. It’s all in the wrist.

When I fry Eggs, while in the Pan I always sprinkle the eggs with Salt & Pepper, dry Herbs, and lightly with Cayenne (over the Yolks).

I often make a One-Pan-Breakfast where I simultaneously cook the Toast, Eggs, and the Ham or Sausage in one square-flat-skillet…uses less energy, less to clean.

But the all time favorite of the crowd is Strawberry Crepes (posted awhile back)

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:12 am

Swiss Oven Omelet
Yields: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS:
2 cups chopped red onion
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
6 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook and stir red onion and sugar in oil over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove 1/4 cup; set aside.
2. To the skillet, add the green onions, mustard and thyme; mix well. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Pour into a skillet, sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
3. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Top with reserved onion mixture and remaining cheese. Cut into wedges.
Last edited by Pixie on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:21 am

Christmas Egg Puff
Yields: 12 servings

"Eggs, butter and cheese are quickly blended together in this easy stir-together egg dish for large groups."

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup butter or margarine
12 eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups cottage cheese
4 cups shredded Monterey
Jack cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish and put the dish in the oven while it preheats.
2. In the container of a blender, combine the eggs, flour and baking powder. Cover and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Pour into a large bowl and fold in the cottage cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. Pour over the melted butter in the dish.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until firm in the center, about 30 minutes. A knife inserted into the center should come out clean.
Last edited by Pixie on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:30 am

German Potato Pancakes
Yields: 6 servings

INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix in potatoes and onion.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. In batches, drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the potato mixture into the skillet. Press to flatten. Cook about 3 minutes on each side, until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
Last edited by Pixie on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:36 am

Homemade & Easy Applesauce

"This applesauce is delicious!

INGREDIENTS:
4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft. Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
You might wish to serve the applesauce with the potato pancakes!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:49 am

Sausage Gravy

INGREDIENTS:
1 (12 ounce) package maple flavored sausage
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 cups whole milk
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown.

Remove sausage with a slotted spoon, leaving the drippings in the pan. Stir in the butter until melted.

Add flour, and stir until smooth. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until light brown.

Gradually whisk in milk, and cook until thickened.

Season with salt and pepper, and stir in cooked sausage. Reduce heat, and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.

If gravy becomes too thick, stir in a little more milk.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If it makes like easy... use canned biscuits with this recipe!!!!!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:54 am

Baked Oatmeal I
Yields: 8 servings

"Sweet baked oatmeal with eggs, milk and raisins."

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins
2 tablespoons brown sugar

DIRECTIONS:
1. Beat together oil and sugar. Mix in eggs, milk, salt, baking powder, oatmeal. Beat well then stir in raisins. Pour into a lightly grease pie pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Refrigerate overnight.
2. The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Bake in preheated oven until firm, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Children will love this recipe!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:03 am

Cheddar, Vegetable, and Sausage Strata
Makes 12 generous servings.

18 1-inch-thick slices French bread (each about 3x5 inches)
10 large eggs
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups half and half
4 cups (packed) grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 16 ounces or two 8 oz. packages of pre-grated)
2 red bell peppers, chopped (green is fine if you can’t find red, I like red for Christmas! Or one of each!)
30 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 LB. Italian sausage (hot or sweet, your favorite), remove from the casing and crumbled
1 large onion, chopped
Parsley, fresh chopped

Butter two 13x9x2-inch glass baking dishes. Fit bread slices in prepared dishes. Cut remaining bread slices into 1-inch cubes; fit cubes into any empty spaces. Whisk eggs, mustard, basil and salt in medium bowl to blend; whisk in half and half. Ladle custard over bread. Cover; chill at least 2 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Sprinkle mixture in dish with black pepper. Top each baking dish with a quarter of the cheese, then bell pepper, tomatoes, sausage, onion and remaining cheese. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake until strata is set and springy to touch, about 20 minutes longer. Cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot, warm, or room temperature.

The recipe can be halved or doubled and you can use whatever vegetables are your favorite, you don’t have to use peppers and/or tomatoes!

To make this even easier you can assemble this dish the day before as long as you give the bread two hours to soak in the custard mixture before final assembly.

I almost forgot! You don’t have to use sausage if that’s not your favorite breakfast meat! You can use ham or bacon in the recipe you would use the same amount 1 lb and you would dice the ham or bacon!

As a side, to complete the breakfast, I dice several Idaho potatoes and in a bowl I toss with just enough olive oil to coat add plenty of salt and pepper and then spread the potatoes on a baking sheet leveling to get one layer and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy and serve with the strata! You can add onion and/or bell pepper (chopped) to the mix and bake for the full 25-30 minutes and then for the last 5 minutes of baking you can top with some Parmesan cheese! These potatoes are really yummy!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:32 am

White Cheddar & Scallion Corn Bread
Makes about 36 madeleines or 18 squares Serves

Ingredients

Nonstick cooking spray or unsalted butter for preparing pan
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Pinch of freshly ground white pepper
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese
1 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and tender green parts

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray 36 madeleine-plaque molds or one 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, or grease with butter.

In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and white pepper. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until thickened and smooth. Add the melted butter and whisk until incorporated. Then add the sour cream and milk and whisk until smooth.

Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just until combined. Add the cheese and scallions and mix gently just until evenly incorporated. Do not overmix. Using a spoon, fill each prepared madeleine mold half full with batter. Or, pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the corn bread is golden. Let cool in the madeleine plaques or baking pan on a wire rack. Invert the plaques onto the rack, or cut into squares and remove from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Please note this is a cake-like sweet cornbread.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:01 am

Pixie wrote:Baked Oatmeal I
Yields: 8 servings

"Sweet baked oatmeal with eggs, milk and raisins."

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins
2 tablespoons brown sugar

DIRECTIONS:
1. Beat together oil and sugar. Mix in eggs, milk, salt, baking powder, oatmeal. Beat well then stir in raisins. Pour into a lightly grease pie pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Refrigerate overnight.
2. The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Bake in preheated oven until firm, about 35 minutes. Serve hot.
Children will love this recipe!
I like the Baked Oatmeal. I mostly do mine with Dried Fruits and Honey, on the stove, very conventional. I'm going to try this one but definitely substitute Dried Fruits for the Raisins.

One can also think out of the Box……….

** Make Breakfast Sandwiches. Toast English Muffins. Cut out circles of a Pan Size Omelet with a drinking glass, and from slices of ham or flat sausage, and from slices of Jack or Cheddar Cheese. Layer them between the Muffins to make breakfast sandwiches. Heat till cheese is melted or Wrap & Refrigerate for that late rush to the office. Make these with most left over meats including thin sliced Steak.
** Fruits: Make a batch of Crepes the night before, place between wax paper sheets, refrigerate in a container. Warm some canned Fruits, the fruit Syrup, and Crepes. Fill Crepes with fruit, fold, and pour Syrup over the top with a few more pieces of fruit. Dust w/powdered sugar. Pears, peaches, mango, papaya, and various berries work well. Fresh Bananas can be heated with brown sugar and butter. Shave some Chocolate on Crepes.
** Throw some ‘left-over’ pasta in a skillet with oil & butter, crack a couple of eggs on top, season, and sprinkle with shredded sausage and a few herbs.
** Cut Flour in your Pancake recipe by half, use 2 Eggs, and whip the egg-whites separately. Add Shredded Zucchini and fine chopped Chilies to the batter. Serve pancakes with Avocado Butter and Lavender Honey or syrup.
** Make your Pancake Batter without Sugar and add a pinch of Cayenne. Fine Chop a red Bell Pepper & handful of Parsley; add to the batter. Cook to make pancake-size Fritters. Brush Bacon Strips with Maple Syrup and cook. Serve bacon between 2 fritters and a slice on top with Maple Syrup and pad of Butter.
** Cut canned whole Tomatoes in half, season and cook in a skillet with oil. Add a lightly beaten Egg Mixture to tomatoes and stir to cook. Top with chopped Basil.
** Cook frozen ‘diced’ Hash Browns in butter till brown. Add crumbled cooked Bacon and pour in ‘lightly-beaten’ Eggs. Slide Omelet onto platter, flipping to fold over.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:03 am

But this will take some preparation:

Breakfast Burritos
Ingredients
* 8 Oz Chorizo (Spanish Sausage) casing removed, filling crumbled. (Can use sausage of choice, and season it with some chili powder & a dust of cayenne)
* 1 Cup Onion, finely chopped
* 2 Jalapeno Chilies, cored, seeded and minced
* 1 Tbs. Butter
* 12 Eggs
* ¼ Cup Milk, whole
* 4 Cups Ranchero Sauce, any market brand Spanish Tomato-Chili-Onion Sauce with a coarse texture but not chunky.
* 1 ½ Cups Monterey Jack Cheese, grated coarse.
* 6 Flour Tortillas, 8 inch
* Sour Cream and shredded lettuce for Garnish
Preparation
* Pre-heat Oven to 350 F Degrees
* Lightly Oil a 8 x11 inch baking pan
* In a 12 inch skillet, Low Heat, brown the Chorizo, Onion and Jalapeno. Drain well and set on paper towels.
* In a Bowl, whisk together the Eggs, Milk, Salt and Pepper
* In a 12 inch Skillet, Medium Heat, melt the Butter. Stir in the Egg mixture and cook, stirring until Eggs are firm but not dry.
* Fold Chorizo mix and 2-Cups Ranchero Sauce into the Eggs.
* Divide the mixture between the Tortillas, top each with ¼-Cup cheese, and roll up in a Classic Burrito Roll. (Fold one side over the Middle just covering the filling. Fold sides to the Left & Right of that over the fold. Roll up to opposite end)
* Place Burritos in Baking Pan or Dish. Pour remaining Sauce over them, and Bake 15 to 20 minutes until warmed through and cheese is melted.
* Serve with a dollop of cream and shredded lettuce on the side.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:17 am

One can also think out of the Box……….

** Make Breakfast Sandwiches. Toast English Muffins. Cut out circles of a Pan Size Omelet with a drinking glass, and from slices of ham or flat sausage, and from slices of Jack or Cheddar Cheese. Layer them between the Muffins to make breakfast sandwiches. Heat till cheese is melted or Wrap & Refrigerate for that late rush to the office. Make these with most left over meats including thin sliced Steak.
** Fruits: Make a batch of Crepes the night before, place between wax paper sheets, refrigerate in a container. Warm some canned Fruits, the fruit Syrup, and Crepes. Fill Crepes with fruit, fold, and pour Syrup over the top with a few more pieces of fruit. Dust w/powdered sugar. Pears, peaches, mango, papaya, and various berries work well. Fresh Bananas can be heated with brown sugar and butter. Shave some Chocolate on Crepes.
** Throw some ‘left-over’ pasta in a skillet with oil & butter, crack a couple of eggs on top, season, and sprinkle with shredded sausage and a few herbs.
** Cut Flour in your Pancake recipe by half, use 2 Eggs, and whip the egg-whites separately. Add Shredded Zucchini and fine chopped Chilies to the batter. Serve pancakes with Avocado Butter and Lavender Honey or syrup.
** Make your Pancake Batter without Sugar and add a pinch of Cayenne. Fine Chop a red Bell Pepper & handful of Parsley; add to the batter. Cook to make pancake-size Fritters. Brush Bacon Strips with Maple Syrup and cook. Serve bacon between 2 fritters and a slice on top with Maple Syrup and pad of Butter.
** Cut canned whole Tomatoes in half, season and cook in a skillet with oil. Add a lightly beaten Egg Mixture to tomatoes and stir to cook. Top with chopped Basil.
** Cook frozen ‘diced’ Hash Browns in butter till brown. Add crumbled cooked Bacon and pour in ‘lightly-beaten’ Eggs. Slide Omelet onto platter, flipping to fold over.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

These are ALL fantastic!!!!!!!!! :wave:

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:30 am

I can't believe you people are still talking about food! :shock: Oh, that's right, this IS the Recipe Forum. :lol: Carry on. :mrgreen:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:28 am

Saw someone do a French Toast recipe:

He made a classic batter for French Toast
Pulsed some Corn Flakes in the processor, placed in a deep dish
Spread favorite Jam on Bread, add a TBS of Cream Cheese in the center, top with other piece of bread
Soak Sandwich well in the Batter then roll in the Corn Flakes to coat completely
Cook as usual on all sides.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:35 am

ConsrvYank1 wrote:I can't believe you people are still talking about food! :shock: Oh, that's right, this IS the Recipe Forum. :lol: Carry on. :mrgreen:

:lolh: :wave: CY1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:pixie:

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:35 am

falvegas wrote:Saw someone do a French Toast recipe:

He made a classic batter for French Toast
Pulsed some Corn Flakes in the processor, placed in a deep dish
Spread favorite Jam on Bread, add a TBS of Cream Cheese in the center, top with other piece of bread
Soak Sandwich well in the Batter then roll in the Corn Flakes to coat completely
Cook as usual on all sides.

Kids would love this!!!!!!!!!! :lolh: