It is the 24th isn't it?

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
falvegas

It is the 24th isn't it?

Post by falvegas » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:47 am

Christmas is about Love; it’s remembering whose birthday this is, and what it’s really all about; it’s that Brown Bag of dollar bills we fed every week and brought to the poorest family on Christmas; it’s gathering the used toys and bicycles and leaving them at the doorstep of children with nothing; it’s cooking two roast beasts and bringing one to that elderly couple on welfare; it’s our sleigh ride together and singing carols at the neighbors doorsteps. And if you’re a Fannie/Freddie Exec, it’s the, his & her Lamborghinis in the driveway, the small Maserati GranTurismo for the 16 year old, and the F clarity 3 Carrot Diamond at the bottom of mom’s stocking.

What’s in your wallet?

It is the 24th isn’t it…….
Happy Christmas Eve Day everyone

You guys are the best of the best.......

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Re: It is the 24th isn't it?

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:29 am

falvegas wrote:Christmas is about Love; it’s remembering whose birthday this is, and what it’s really all about; it’s that Brown Bag of dollar bills we fed every week and brought to the poorest family on Christmas; it’s gathering the used toys and bicycles and leaving them at the doorstep of children with nothing; it’s cooking two roast beasts and bringing one to that elderly couple on welfare; it’s our sleigh ride together and singing carols at the neighbors doorsteps. And if you’re a Fannie/Freddie Exec, it’s the, his & her Lamborghinis in the driveway, the small Maserati GranTurismo for the 16 year old, and the F clarity 3 Carrot Diamond at the bottom of mom’s stocking.

What’s in your wallet?

Happy 24th to you also Falv. Sometimes we forget what this season is all about, thank you for the reminder.

Well, I bet you are going to be like the one armed wallpaper hangar today. Tonight it's going to be chili and crusty Italian bread, and tomorrow prime rib. Nothing fancy, but good. As usual the boys get to open one present each tonight. Although they are now 12 and 16 years old, they still get excited on Christmas morning. I'll bet your grand neice and nephew will be too. You are probably their favorite uncle. Enjoy the day. ;)

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:53 am

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
falvegas wrote:Christmas is about Love; it’s remembering whose birthday this is, and what it’s really all about; it’s that Brown Bag of dollar bills we fed every week and brought to the poorest family on Christmas; it’s gathering the used toys and bicycles and leaving them at the doorstep of children with nothing; it’s cooking two roast beasts and bringing one to that elderly couple on welfare; it’s our sleigh ride together and singing carols at the neighbors doorsteps. And if you’re a Fannie/Freddie Exec, it’s the, his & her Lamborghinis in the driveway, the small Maserati GranTurismo for the 16 year old, and the F clarity 3 Carrot Diamond at the bottom of mom’s stocking.

What’s in your wallet?

Happy 24th to you also Falv. Sometimes we forget what this season is all about, thank you for the reminder.

Well, I bet you are going to be like the one armed wallpaper hangar today. Tonight it's going to be chili and crusty Italian bread, and tomorrow prime rib. Nothing fancy, but good. As usual the boys get to open one present each tonight. Although they are now 12 and 16 years old, they still get excited on Christmas morning. I'll bet your grand neice and nephew will be too. You are probably their favorite uncle. Enjoy the day. ;)
Both are my weakness; Chili with crusty anything...Yum! Roast Prime Rib...double Yum!
2 boys, what a great age...be proud of them, they'll return the favor. Yup, one present on Christmas eve, I remember that.

My Grand's can't sleep, they're in here with me now...I got 2 or 3 hours sleep. That's OK, I can sleep nexr year.
Again, have a good time today.............

Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Pixie » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:48 am

What’s in your wallet?

Falvegas,

This is beautiful (and funny)! :cry: :cry: Yes, this is the true meaning of Christmas! Thank you!

I agree! You guys are the best of the best! :clap2:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Pixie » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:52 am

ConsrvYank1 wrote:

What’s in your wallet?

I think chili with crusty Italian bread as your Christmas Eve dinner sounds WONDERFUL and there is NOTHING more elegant than Prime Rib!!!!!!!!! YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's 5:00am and my day is starting!!!!!!!!

God bless each of you and thank you for being here!!!!!!!!!! I feel very blessed to count you among my friends!!!!!!!!

abbi
Lunch Lady in Training

Post by abbi » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:54 am

Happy Christmas Eve to all of you. It is an honor and a pleasure to know every one of you. :) :)