Hey Pixie and Falv...

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
Post Reply
User avatar
ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps
Posts: 19546
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:47 am
Location: Connecticut Yankee
Contact:

Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:12 pm

Where are you, it's starting to get boring in here?

Now I don't want either of you or anybody else to go to any trouble to find recipes for this because I have no intention of making it, but I thought I would bring it up anyway. I had the most delicous dessert once at a restaurant in CT. It was Indian pudding with Hot Lemon sauce. Anybody ever have it? I love anything with lemon in it.

Now here's something really strange. I am not a huge fan of cakes, especially chocolate, but I just bought a cake I think is delicious. It is only sold at Christmas time, and are you ready for this? You can buy it at any CVS Pharmacy. :lol: It comes in a box and is about 10 inches high and has raisins in it. I believe it is called Pannetone. Sorry can't check, I threw the box out. The reason I like it so much is that it is moist, and not overly sweet at all. It was about $7.99.

Another dessert I had at Thanksgiving was an apple pie bought at The Fresh Market. It was really good, and the top crust didn't cover the entire pie. It is a very special store and the prices are high but the selection and quality are wonderful. Most of their stores are in the south, but I believe they are expanding to other areas.

Does anybody have any funny food quirks? For example I do like toll house cookies, but put those same chocolate chips in a muffin or pancakes and I can't eat them. I like raisins in baked goods, but I hate them out of the box. Weird ha? So what are some of your food quirks? Oh yeah, and I know some people that put ketchup on a hot dog. :laugh:

User avatar
Maredie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Maredie » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:31 pm

I am not Pixie, But she made my avatar... :mrgreen: Well, I like grape jelly on my egg mc muffin or bacon egg and cheese biscuit and I love peanut butter on bacon. :shock:

User avatar
falvegas
Posts: 7845
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:14 am

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by falvegas » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:39 pm

ConsrvYank1 wrote:Where are you, it's starting to get boring in here?

Now I don't want either of you or anybody else to go to any trouble to find recipes for this because I have no intention of making it, but I thought I would bring it up anyway. I had the most delicous dessert once at a restaurant in CT. It was Indian pudding with Hot Lemon sauce. Anybody ever have it? I love anything with lemon in it.

Now here's something really strange. I am not a huge fan of cakes, especially chocolate, but I just bought a cake I think is delicious. It is only sold at Christmas time, and are you ready for this? You can buy it at any CVS Pharmacy. :lol: It comes in a box and is about 10 inches high and has raisins in it. I believe it is called Pannetone. Sorry can't check, I threw the box out. The reason I like it so much is that it is moist, and not overly sweet at all. It was about $7.99.

Another dessert I had at Thanksgiving was an apple pie bought at The Fresh Market. It was really good, and the top crust didn't cover the entire pie. It is a very special store and the prices are high but the selection and quality are wonderful. Most of their stores are in the south, but I believe they are expanding to other areas.

Does anybody have any funny food quirks? For example I do like toll house cookies, but put those same chocolate chips in a muffin or pancakes and I can't eat them. I like raisins in baked goods, but I hate them out of the box. Weird ha? So what are some of your food quirks? Oh yeah, and I know some people that put ketchup on a hot dog. :laugh:
Hey Yank. I saw you pop up...not avoiding you. I may have an Italian Bread Pudding in the files, I'll check. My all time weakness though is Tiramisu

I Love Chocolate in anything. Put it in Pork Chops and I won't care. I don't like raisen in anything though. I like Grapes only when they're Fermented. I'm having some fermented grapes right now, they're called Merlot.

I shop at CVS and don't temember that cake...now how could I possibly miss that?

Haven't seen Pixie post anything, she has to be busier than me right now. My zoo starts tomorrow night.

I trust your early Christmas is going well....will get back.

User avatar
falvegas
Posts: 7845
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:14 am

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by falvegas » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:18 am

Hey Yank, evryone's asleep. Not me, 4 to 5 hours a night, if I'm lucky.
The only recipes in my PC Files on Indian Pudding are with molasas, cinnamon, ginger and corn meal

I do have a New Orleans Desert that sounds like your description:
" New Orleans Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce and Chantilly Cream" , and it has in it:

Pudding: Bread Cubes, Milk/Raisins, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla, chopped Pecans and (butter/sugar/eggs)
Lemon Sauce: Lemon, water/sugar, cornstarch, and Vanilla
Chantilly Cream: heavy Cream, Vanilla, Brandy, Grand Marnier, sugar & Sour Cream

SOooo....if this sounds similar, I'll post it for you tomorrow. it'll have to be before evening, that's when crunch time starts. Interesting: ConservativeYank1 is from South Carolina, and Red neck Woman is fron Boston area.

User avatar
ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps
Posts: 19546
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:47 am
Location: Connecticut Yankee
Contact:

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:34 am

falvegas wrote:Hey Yank, evryone's asleep. Not me, 4 to 5 hours a night, if I'm lucky.
The only recipes in my PC Files on Indian Pudding are with molasas, cinnamon, ginger and corn meal

I do have a New Orleans Desert that sounds like your description:
" New Orleans Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce and Chantilly Cream" , and it has in it:

Pudding: Bread Cubes, Milk/Raisins, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla, chopped Pecans and (butter/sugar/eggs)
Lemon Sauce: Lemon, water/sugar, cornstarch, and Vanilla
Chantilly Cream: heavy Cream, Vanilla, Brandy, Grand Marnier, sugar & Sour Cream

SOooo....if this sounds similar, I'll post it for you tomorrow. it'll have to be before evening, that's when crunch time starts. Interesting: ConservativeYank1 is from South Carolina, and Red neck Woman is fron Boston area.
Ha, I thought I was the only one that only got a few hours sleep per night.

BTW look in the Christmas section of CVS for that cake. Can' find it, ask a clerk, they will point you in the right direction. They only had 3 left when I went there.

Like I said don't go through any trouble posting a recipe for that bread pudding, you are too busy. Unless somebody specifically asks for it.

Yes Yankee woman from Connecticut transplanted to South Carolina. Politically I am more comfortable here, but I still miss many things about CT. Just not the people so much. :mrgreen:

Here's a little secret for you, don't tell anybody.

It is Red Neck Woman who puts ketchup on a hotdog. How weird is that?

User avatar
falvegas
Posts: 7845
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:14 am

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by falvegas » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:17 am

Sun's not quite up yet but I need to get my Butt moving.
Well, ConservYank, this is all I could find close to what you mentioned on Indian Pudding. This is Bread Pudding with a Lemon Sauce. The Indian Pudding I have has no hint of lemon.

New Orleans Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce & Chantilly Cream
A New Orleans dish where the ingredient flavor seems intense until it’s baked and becomes a wonderful Bread Pudding.
Pudding Ingredients
3 Eggs, large
1 ¼ Cups Sugar
1 ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 ¼ Tsp Each, Cinnamon & Nutmeg, ground
¼ Cup Butter, unsalted, melted
2 Cups Milk
¼ Cup Raisins
½ Cup Pecans, coarse chopped, roasted
5 Cups, Italian or French bread, very stale, crusts on, cubed
Lemon Sauce Ingredients
1 Lemon, halved (Squeeze out 2 TBS Juice) Reserve Juice and lemon halves.
½ Cup Water
¼ Cup Sugar
2 Tsp Corn Starch, dissolved in ¼ Cup Water
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
** Add Lemon Juice, Lemon Halves, Water, Sugar, and bring to a Boil.
** Stir in dissolved Corn Starch, and Vanilla
** Cook 1 Minute on High stirring constantly. Strain and reserve Sauce, keeping warm.
Chantilly Cream Ingredients
2/3 Cup heavy Cream
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Brandy
1 Tsp Grand Marnier
¼ Cup Sugar
2 TBS Dairy Sour Cream
Medium Bowl & Beaters (Electric Mixer) chilled until very cold
** Beat Cream, Vanilla, Brandy, Grand Marnier in chilled Bowl on medium, 1 Minute
** Add Sugar & Cream. Beat on Medium till soft peaks form (~3 Minutes). Don’t over beat or it gets grainy, first step toward butter. If it does, use it on toast, start over.

DIRECTIONS
** Beat the Eggs in Electric Mixer until Frothy, bubbles are the size of pin heads (~ 3 minutes) or with a Whisk for about 6 minutes.
** Add the Sugar, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Butter, and beat on High until well blended. Beat in the Milk then Stir in the Raisins and Pecans
** Place bread Cubes in a greased ‘Loaf Pan’. Pour Egg Mix over them and toss until well bread is well soaked. Let this sit until there’s only a ‘narrow bead’ of liquid around the pan’s edges. (~ 45 minutes) Pat bread down into liquid occasionally.
Pre-heat Oven to 350 F Degrees
** Place Pudding in Oven and immediately lower to 300 F Degrees. Bake for 40 minutes.
** Raise Oven Temp to 425 F degrees and bake until pudding is well browned and fluffy (~ 15 to 20 minutes more).

To Serve: Place 1 ½ TBS Lemon Sauce in Desert Dish. Spoon on ½ Cup Bread Pudding. Top with Chantilly Cream.

I don't know what happened to Pixie. She had one very robust schedule to get started on...but I was concerned about a mass-accident I heard of on a Michigan Freeway in the storm. Don't know if it was near her.

Have a dynamite Christmas........ :stars: :stars: :stars:

User avatar
ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps
Posts: 19546
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:47 am
Location: Connecticut Yankee
Contact:

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:02 am

falvegas wrote:
I don't know what happened to Pixie. She had one very robust schedule to get started on...but I was concerned about a mass-accident I heard of on a Michigan Freeway in the storm. Don't know if it was near her.
Oh no. Okay I am going to pm her.

User avatar
ToBeannounced
Posts: 4083
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by ToBeannounced » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:49 am

I think she goes to her sister's for Christmas.

User avatar
Fatherducque
Posts: 21912
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: Je suis Charlie
Contact:

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Fatherducque » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:02 am

Concerning Bread Pudding recipies from South of the Border (I-10, that is!):

According to MawMaw, bread pudding is what you do to use up the french bread that has gone too stale to use for French Toast.

Doesn't make it any less delicious, though.

Actually, it is MawMaw's opinion that bread pudding only comes out well when stale french bread is used. Fresh bread just doesn't work the same.

NOTHING is wasted in "Down the Bayou" Cajun Cooking.

User avatar
falvegas
Posts: 7845
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:14 am

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by falvegas » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:12 am

Fatherducque wrote:Concerning Bread Pudding recipies from South of the Border (I-10, that is!):

According to MawMaw, bread pudding is what you do to use up the french bread that has gone too stale to use for French Toast.

Doesn't make it any less delicious, though.

Actually, it is MawMaw's opinion that bread pudding only comes out well when stale french bread is used. Fresh bread just doesn't work the same.

NOTHING is wasted in "Down the Bayou" Cajun Cooking.
We know...'why' do you think this recipe specifically calls for "...French bread, very stale,..." :roll: :roll: :roll:

User avatar
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Pixie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:28 am

Maredie wrote:I am not Pixie, But she made my avatar... :mrgreen: Well, I like grape jelly on my egg mc muffin or bacon egg and cheese biscuit and I love peanut butter on bacon. :shock:

:lolh: :clap2: :lolh: Maredie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love your avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolh: :lolh: :lolh: Yes, I made it just for Maredie!!!!!!!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

User avatar
abbi
Lunch Lady in Training
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:58 am
Location: In the kitchen...
Contact:

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by abbi » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:32 am

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
falvegas wrote:Hey Yank, evryone's asleep. Not me, 4 to 5 hours a night, if I'm lucky.
The only recipes in my PC Files on Indian Pudding are with molasas, cinnamon, ginger and corn meal

I do have a New Orleans Desert that sounds like your description:
" New Orleans Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce and Chantilly Cream" , and it has in it:

Pudding: Bread Cubes, Milk/Raisins, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla, chopped Pecans and (butter/sugar/eggs)
Lemon Sauce: Lemon, water/sugar, cornstarch, and Vanilla
Chantilly Cream: heavy Cream, Vanilla, Brandy, Grand Marnier, sugar & Sour Cream

SOooo....if this sounds similar, I'll post it for you tomorrow. it'll have to be before evening, that's when crunch time starts. Interesting: ConservativeYank1 is from South Carolina, and Red neck Woman is fron Boston area.
Ha, I thought I was the only one that only got a few hours sleep per night.

BTW look in the Christmas section of CVS for that cake. Can' find it, ask a clerk, they will point you in the right direction. They only had 3 left when I went there.

Like I said don't go through any trouble posting a recipe for that bread pudding, you are too busy. Unless somebody specifically asks for it.

Yes Yankee woman from Connecticut transplanted to South Carolina. Politically I am more comfortable here, but I still miss many things about CT. Just not the people so much. :mrgreen:

Here's a little secret for you, don't tell anybody.

It is Red Neck Woman who puts ketchup on a hotdog. How weird is that?
:laugh: I don't like them grilled either. :nyanya: :nyanya:

User avatar
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Pixie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:35 am

falvegas wrote:
ConsrvYank1 wrote:Where are you, it's starting to get boring in here?

Now I don't want either of you or anybody else to go to any trouble to find recipes for this because I have no intention of making it, but I thought I would bring it up anyway. I had the most delicous dessert once at a restaurant in CT. It was Indian pudding with Hot Lemon sauce. Anybody ever have it? I love anything with lemon in it.

Now here's something really strange. I am not a huge fan of cakes, especially chocolate, but I just bought a cake I think is delicious. It is only sold at Christmas time, and are you ready for this? You can buy it at any CVS Pharmacy. :lol: It comes in a box and is about 10 inches high and has raisins in it. I believe it is called Pannetone. Sorry can't check, I threw the box out. The reason I like it so much is that it is moist, and not overly sweet at all. It was about $7.99.

Another dessert I had at Thanksgiving was an apple pie bought at The Fresh Market. It was really good, and the top crust didn't cover the entire pie. It is a very special store and the prices are high but the selection and quality are wonderful. Most of their stores are in the south, but I believe they are expanding to other areas.

Does anybody have any funny food quirks? For example I do like toll house cookies, but put those same chocolate chips in a muffin or pancakes and I can't eat them. I like raisins in baked goods, but I hate them out of the box. Weird ha? So what are some of your food quirks? Oh yeah, and I know some people that put ketchup on a hot dog. :laugh:
Hey Yank. I saw you pop up...not avoiding you. I may have an Italian Bread Pudding in the files, I'll check. My all time weakness though is Tiramisu

I Love Chocolate in anything. Put it in Pork Chops and I won't care. I don't like raisen in anything though. I like Grapes only when they're Fermented. I'm having some fermented grapes right now, they're called Merlot.

I shop at CVS and don't temember that cake...now how could I possibly miss that?

Haven't seen Pixie post anything, she has to be busier than me right now. My zoo starts tomorrow night.

I trust your early Christmas is going well....will get back.
:wave: :cheer: :wave: :cheer: :wave: :cheer: :wave:

I'm so sorry I've been missing in action!!!!!!!!!! I have been working very hard, along with my sister, to get ready for our appetizer party, for her church, tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!

TBA, is exactly right!!!!!!!! I'm sure she remembers from last year that I go missing at this time of year!!!!!!! I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, TBA, for letting everyone know that I was probably with my sister!!!!!! I do appreciate that!!!!!!!! :)

Yes, there were SEVERAL very tradgic accidents in Michigan, due to black ice, we've had some very bad weather the last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, thanks be to God, I was no where near any of the accidents!

Well, I haven't carefully read this thread but will see what I've been missing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image

Thank you, all! I feel as if I've made so many friends here!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Pixie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:38 am

Maredie wrote:I am not Pixie, But she made my avatar... :mrgreen: Well, I like grape jelly on my egg mc muffin or bacon egg and cheese biscuit and I love peanut butter on bacon. :shock:
Maredie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you teaching those precious boys to eat like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :lolh: :shock: :rofl: :lol: :laugh: :teehee: :shock:

User avatar
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Pixie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:41 am

ToBeannounced wrote:I think she goes to her sister's for Christmas.

:wave: TBA!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! That's exactly where I've been and I really appreciate you letting everyone know that I usually go missing this time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you remember from last year!!!!!!!!!!! I remember our wonderful recipe/menu thread after the holidays last year where we all compared notes!!!!!!!!!!! :lolh:

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Pixie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:44 am

ConsrvYank1 wrote:Where are you, it's starting to get boring in here?

Now I don't want either of you or anybody else to go to any trouble to find recipes for this because I have no intention of making it, but I thought I would bring it up anyway. I had the most delicous dessert once at a restaurant in CT. It was Indian pudding with Hot Lemon sauce. Anybody ever have it? I love anything with lemon in it.

Now here's something really strange. I am not a huge fan of cakes, especially chocolate, but I just bought a cake I think is delicious. It is only sold at Christmas time, and are you ready for this? You can buy it at any CVS Pharmacy. :lol: It comes in a box and is about 10 inches high and has raisins in it. I believe it is called Pannetone. Sorry can't check, I threw the box out. The reason I like it so much is that it is moist, and not overly sweet at all. It was about $7.99.

Another dessert I had at Thanksgiving was an apple pie bought at The Fresh Market. It was really good, and the top crust didn't cover the entire pie. It is a very special store and the prices are high but the selection and quality are wonderful. Most of their stores are in the south, but I believe they are expanding to other areas.

Does anybody have any funny food quirks? For example I do like toll house cookies, but put those same chocolate chips in a muffin or pancakes and I can't eat them. I like raisins in baked goods, but I hate them out of the box. Weird ha? So what are some of your food quirks? Oh yeah, and I know some people that put ketchup on a hot dog. :laugh:
Panettone is an Italian sweet bread that is used in a myriad of recipes!!!!!!!!!!! It's the most difficult bread in the world to make so if you've found one that you enjoy... stock up!!!!!!!!!!!! :lolh:

CY1!!!!!!!!!!!! You are truly one of the nicest people I've ever met!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless you and thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel as if I've made a very good friend!!!!!!!!!!

Image

User avatar
ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps
Posts: 19546
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:47 am
Location: Connecticut Yankee
Contact:

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:30 am

abbi wrote:
ConsrvYank1 wrote:
falvegas wrote:Hey Yank, evryone's asleep. Not me, 4 to 5 hours a night, if I'm lucky.
The only recipes in my PC Files on Indian Pudding are with molasas, cinnamon, ginger and corn meal

I do have a New Orleans Desert that sounds like your description:
" New Orleans Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce and Chantilly Cream" , and it has in it:

Pudding: Bread Cubes, Milk/Raisins, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla, chopped Pecans and (butter/sugar/eggs)
Lemon Sauce: Lemon, water/sugar, cornstarch, and Vanilla
Chantilly Cream: heavy Cream, Vanilla, Brandy, Grand Marnier, sugar & Sour Cream

SOooo....if this sounds similar, I'll post it for you tomorrow. it'll have to be before evening, that's when crunch time starts. Interesting: ConservativeYank1 is from South Carolina, and Red neck Woman is fron Boston area.
Ha, I thought I was the only one that only got a few hours sleep per night.

BTW look in the Christmas section of CVS for that cake. Can' find it, ask a clerk, they will point you in the right direction. They only had 3 left when I went there.

Like I said don't go through any trouble posting a recipe for that bread pudding, you are too busy. Unless somebody specifically asks for it.

Yes Yankee woman from Connecticut transplanted to South Carolina. Politically I am more comfortable here, but I still miss many things about CT. Just not the people so much. :mrgreen:

Here's a little secret for you, don't tell anybody.

It is Red Neck Woman who puts ketchup on a hotdog. How weird is that?
:laugh: I don't like them grilled either. :nyanya: :nyanya:
Joking aside, it just dawned on me that Kad is in Michigan too. But the very fact that you posted this morning tells me Kad is okay too. I don't know how bad that accident was last night, but thank God neither he nor Pixie weren't near it. But my heart goes out to the people that were. :cry:

User avatar
abbi
Lunch Lady in Training
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:58 am
Location: In the kitchen...
Contact:

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by abbi » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:43 am

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
abbi wrote:
ConsrvYank1 wrote:
falvegas wrote:Hey Yank, evryone's asleep. Not me, 4 to 5 hours a night, if I'm lucky.
The only recipes in my PC Files on Indian Pudding are with molasas, cinnamon, ginger and corn meal

I do have a New Orleans Desert that sounds like your description:
" New Orleans Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce and Chantilly Cream" , and it has in it:

Pudding: Bread Cubes, Milk/Raisins, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla, chopped Pecans and (butter/sugar/eggs)
Lemon Sauce: Lemon, water/sugar, cornstarch, and Vanilla
Chantilly Cream: heavy Cream, Vanilla, Brandy, Grand Marnier, sugar & Sour Cream

SOooo....if this sounds similar, I'll post it for you tomorrow. it'll have to be before evening, that's when crunch time starts. Interesting: ConservativeYank1 is from South Carolina, and Red neck Woman is fron Boston area.
Ha, I thought I was the only one that only got a few hours sleep per night.

BTW look in the Christmas section of CVS for that cake. Can' find it, ask a clerk, they will point you in the right direction. They only had 3 left when I went there.

Like I said don't go through any trouble posting a recipe for that bread pudding, you are too busy. Unless somebody specifically asks for it.

Yes Yankee woman from Connecticut transplanted to South Carolina. Politically I am more comfortable here, but I still miss many things about CT. Just not the people so much. :mrgreen:

Here's a little secret for you, don't tell anybody.

It is Red Neck Woman who puts ketchup on a hotdog. How weird is that?
:laugh: I don't like them grilled either. :nyanya: :nyanya:
Joking aside, it just dawned on me that Kad is in Michigan too. But the very fact that you posted this morning tells me Kad is okay too. I don't know how bad that accident was last night, but thank God neither he nor Pixie weren't near it. But my heart goes out to the people that were. :cry:
The accident was in the Grand Rapids area which is north of both Pixie and Kad. Thank you for your concern though. :)

User avatar
Maredie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:59 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Maredie » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Pixie wrote:
Maredie wrote:I am not Pixie, But she made my avatar... :mrgreen: Well, I like grape jelly on my egg mc muffin or bacon egg and cheese biscuit and I love peanut butter on bacon. :shock:
Maredie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you teaching those precious boys to eat like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :lolh: :shock: :rofl: :lol: :laugh: :teehee: :shock:
No, they just put it down to my "eccentricities". :laugh:

User avatar
ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps
Posts: 19546
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:47 am
Location: Connecticut Yankee
Contact:

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:38 am

It sure would be nice to see pics of those great meals. Hint, hint. :whistle:

User avatar
falvegas
Posts: 7845
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:14 am

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by falvegas » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:01 pm

I'm resting now. For lunch we made 24 mini-cheeseburgers (cheese stuffed ) and 24 Pepper Steak Sandwiches with 2 mounds of fries. There're a few left. The kids brought some to friends playing in the snow. Soon we start the Lobsters, Corn, and Fettuchini with Spinach and shaved Pecorino. The Butter with Vermouth & Lemon I did yesterday....tonight, the lobsters will be a walk-in-the-park before the kids dive into a present or two.

We've had 6 of 8 burners going since 11 AM. But this isn't cooking, this is fast food...by design.

Tomorrow night I have to cook the Wine Growers Steak. Life doesn't get easier than this.

User avatar
falvegas
Posts: 7845
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:14 am

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by falvegas » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:07 am

And in the rush to the tree they bypassed the Strawberry Crepes and Waffles.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Image Image


And in a week It'll be .............
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
falvegas
Posts: 7845
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:14 am

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by falvegas » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:02 am

Phew!!!! The morning after the night before. First night I got any sleep. In a few hours we head for New Hampshire. Time away for the adults...Hyacinths for the soul. Dinner was great, Wine Growers Steak & fixins was easy. Of course there was some preparation the day before to make it easy.

I trust you all enjoyed yourselves...after all, we pass this way only once.

User avatar
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Pixie » Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:15 pm

falvegas wrote:Phew!!!! The morning after the night before. First night I got any sleep. In a few hours we head for New Hampshire. Time away for the adults...Hyacinths for the soul. Dinner was great, Wine Growers Steak & fixins was easy. Of course there was some preparation the day before to make it easy.

I trust you all enjoyed yourselves...after all, we pass this way only once.

:wave: :wave: :wave: Falvegas!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so exhausted last night I couldn't get to sleep!!!!!!!! :lolh: I was overly tired but once I got to sleep, I slept like a baby, and this morning I feel well rested!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had an ice storm this morning but the temperatures are rising and by this afternoon all should be well with the roads!!

Tomorrow we should hit 58!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you're having great weather for your drive into New Hampshire!!!!!

User avatar
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Pixie » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:08 pm

Oh, I'd love to plan a trip to NC!!!!!!!!! I've never been there!!!!!!! Maybe in 2009 I can plan a long weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it would be such fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Pixie » Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:30 pm

Oh, I'd cook!!!!!!! We'd have a blast!!!!!!!!! We could invite some of your friends or family... if you'd like!!!!!!!!

What are winters like there?????

User avatar
falvegas
Posts: 7845
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:14 am

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by falvegas » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:54 pm

11 1/2 hours on planes, at least I got some sleep. Now it's a full day of food shopping for New Years. I'll have all of Monday to do preparation for Wednesday. My sisters are in tomorrow, and they'll take over baking on Tuesday. 8 people new years Eve, that isn't too bad, and the menu is easy.

I posted the New Years menu if anyone is interested. Interested???? Right!!! If you're of my mind set right now, you'll be glad when this is all over. I may Fast for a Month.

User avatar
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4598
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by Pixie » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:34 pm

:lolh: :wave: :wave: :wave: :)

It's good to know you made it home safely! 11 1/2 hours! WOW! I think you mentioned you were taking the long way to ensure weather wouldn't interfere! While I'm sure you're tired, I think it was a very good move!

I must agree that it's good that Christmas and New Years only comes once a year! I've eaten mostly fresh fruit for the last few days! I still have no room for food! :shock:

User avatar
falvegas
Posts: 7845
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:14 am

Re: Hey Pixie and Falv...

Post by falvegas » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:53 pm

:stars: :cheer: :?: Image Image

Ah yes, be it ever so humble...........
The up side is that from 12/21 on, the sun goes down about 1 minute later per day.

I couldn't look at food today. I broke some french bread all day, with a plate of Cheeses sitting on the counter and Iced-Up a few cold ones...Blue Moon....left them in the porch cooler before I left.

I was thinking I'd post some braised short ribs in here, Pot-au-Feu style. Maybe one French Style and one with Juniper Berries. I think braised inexpensive meats with ribs, shanks and marrow bones would be great for after the holidays, especially for family style presentations. They can be made more festive than one might think.

Post Reply