Bacon

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
Johnny 99
Formerly known as "kad"
Location: I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Re: Bacon

Post by Johnny 99 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:08 pm

iamlookingup wrote:Okay...it's not good for you.

Now that we've got THAT outta the way...

What's the best way to cook it? I hate preparing it, 'cause it's so messy, but
I LOVE to eat it when I'm low carbing. :ohwell:

The best way to prepare bacon is WITHOUT GRITS!

:laugh:

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien

Post by tattulip » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:14 pm

I usually microwave it on a couple of paper towels (on a plate) with a couple of paper towels over it. 1 minute per slice in most microwaves. It the least messy way to do it that I know. And it doesn't sit there in all that grease like when you fry it.

Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Pixie » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:24 pm

iamlookingup wrote:Okay...it's not good for you.

Now that we've got THAT outta the way...

What's the best way to cook it? I hate preparing it, 'cause it's so messy, but
I LOVE to eat it when I'm low carbing. :ohwell:
I'm with you on this!!!!!!!!! I love bacon!!!!!!!!! TatTulip's microwave recipe is perfect or you can put the bacon on a rack (cookies cooling rack)on a jelly roll tray (cookie tray with sides) and bake it in the oven at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes or until it's done to your likeness... everyone likes his bacon differently!

The bacon doesn't shrivel up and it doesn't splatter everywhere!!!!!!!! Also, and I know you're low-carbing it so you might not want to do this but for others... half way through the baking process brush real Maple Syrup on the bacon, turn it over and brush the othe side!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, wow is this good!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: :clap2: :shock: :clap2: :shock: :clap2:

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien

Post by tattulip » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:32 pm

My friend was over one day and we were shopping together (imagine that?!) and she bought Smucker's sugar free syrup for us to put on our acorn squash. It is really good!

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:41 pm

tattulip wrote:My friend was over one day and we were shopping together (imagine that?!) and she bought Smucker's sugar free syrup for us to put on our acorn squash. It is really good!
Oh, yeah!!!!!!!!! I love Maple Syrup on my squash!!!!!!!!! All of this is making me so hungry!!!!!!! :laugh:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:43 pm

I love Alder Smoked Bacon, any bacon, anywhere.
I did try it in the microwave once, and I won't do it again. I probably did it wrong or didn't use a special dish or something.
I always skillet cook the bacon, and drain it on paper towels several thick.
While the bacon fat it still very hot, I pour it through a Coffee Filter in a Funnel into a jar. So many recipes cal for bacon fat, and it's good for 3 to 4 months because there aren't any solids in it.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:56 pm

falvegas wrote:I love Alder Smoked Bacon, any bacon, anywhere.
I did try it in the microwave once, and I won't do it again. I probably did it wrong or didn't use a special dish or something.
While the bacon fat it still very hot, I pour it through a Coffee Filter in a Funnel into a jar. So many recipes cal for bacon fat, and it's good for 3 to 4 months because there aren't any solids in it.
Oh, I grew up with this! My mom NEVER threw out the bacon fat!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:28 pm

:)

I had to find my hug emoticon!!!!!!!! Image

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:10 pm

Pixie wrote:
falvegas wrote:I love Alder Smoked Bacon, any bacon, anywhere.
Oh, I grew up with this! My mom NEVER threw out the bacon fat!!!!!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
I don't like bacon done in a microwave, although I admit it is a lot messier to cook in a skillet. And I save the bacon fat and use it when making home fries. I also pre-cook the potatoes the day before. It is delicious.