Oh, my this is wonderful!!!!!!!!!! You've given me some great ideas for ours on Christmas Eve!!!!!!!!!falvegas wrote:You have my Lobster Diner, and Wine Growers Steak Recipe so I'm adding the Antipasto Platters for Christmas Day.
This Antipasto will be served on a large platter family style. There will be 2 maybe 3 set out Christmas day with a platter of Ciabatta Bruschetta and one of fresh Ciabatta. There's also three dips for spreading on the Bruschetta and for adding any variety of the Antipasto meats. A bowl of Italian (basic) salad dressing and Parmesan cheese is also included
** The Platter will be covered completely with fanned Romaine Lettuce, Boston lettuce, Arugula, and small bundles of Basil leaves. (these will be washed, dried, and wrapped in towels in the refrigerator well in advance)
** In the center of each Platter will be a mound of Italian Tuna Fish (from canned, packed in Oil), about 3 to 4 cans each platter (some xVirgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and a dusting of Oregano will be added to them in a bowl, in the refrigerator before use)
** Around the outside of the platter will be alternating finger rolls of sliced
- Genoa Dry Salami
- Italian Ham
- Provolone Cheese, sliced & rolled
- Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- Asiago Cheese, sliced
- Scattered Bread Sticks with Prosciutto wrapped around the ends
** On the inside ring between the meats/cheeses and the Tuna there will be scattered groups of:
- Assorted Olives from the Deli
- Bocconini (baby Italian Cheese Balls that have been marinated in Olive Oil and chopped Basil)
- Cherry Tomatoes, halved (half fresh, half lightly roasted)
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper Strips, and Pickled Cherry Peppers (halved)
- Crescents of Sliced red Onion
** Three bread platters will be included:
- Bruschetta: toasted sliced Ciabatta, rubbed with Garlic, and lightly brushed with xVirgin Olive Oil.
- Fresh Ciabatta: Some sliced, some whole
- Extra Bead Sticks (store bought) for wrapping cheeses and cold cuts around as a snack.
** The Antipasto will be lightly sprinkled with dressing, and there will be a bowl of the dressing beside the platter, including a bottle of EVOO, a bottle of Balsamic Vinegar, and a dish of grated Parmesan. The basic dressing is:
- 1 part EVOO
- 1/3 Part Champaign Wine Vinegar
- 1/40th Part Dijon Mustard
- 1/40th Part mashed Garlic
- 1/40th Part lavender Honey
Antipasto Bruschetta Spreads
** Bean & Sun-Dried Tomato Spread: Puree 32 Oz rinsed & drained Cannellini Beans, 4-crushed Garlic cloves, and 2/3 Cup heavy Cream to a heavy paste. Stir in ¼ Cup fine-chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes, season with S & P.
** Ricotta and Caper Spread: 6-Cups fresh drained Ricotta, ½ Cup drained Capers, 2-TBS marjoram, and 2-TBS EVOO. Combine well by hand.
Smoked Salmon Platter & Spread
** A Plate of Sliced Smoke Salmon will be provided and share the Bruschetta plates
** Accompaniments for the Salmon Bruschetta are:
- Spread: Blend equal parts Sour Cream and Cream Cheese together with 2-TBS each of chopped chive & chopped fresh Dill. Season with S & P and re-blend and chill.
- Garnish: Fine sliced chilled Cucumbers in Dill, Baby Spinach leaves, and the greens from the Antipasto.
NOTE: I decided not to make the Artichoke Spread. Instead I’m replacing the original Roasted Red Potatoes for Christmas Day Dinner with the following:
* Warm Potato Salad with Almonds, Avocado, Watercress, and a Lemon/Oil dressing. I’ll post the recipe later
So instead of hauling Artichokes back East, I now have a smaller box of Avocados.
Falvegas, I'm not familiar with Soprassata. Please, clue me in!!!!!!!!!!