Beer Bread!

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
College Boy
You can call me College Professor Boy
Location: Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain.

Re: Beer Bread!

Post by College Boy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:12 pm

tattulip wrote:Have you ever made your own butter? I was reading a blog awhile back where she made it and says it is SO much better. I think I am going to try it. I guess you just put cream in a food processor and let it go. She said you here this "thump" and all at once it is butter. Then you drain the buttermilk off and that's all there is to it.

Oh, I found her blog - here it is:
One of my best kept kitchen secrets. Well, obviously up until now. Do you know how ridiculously easy it is to make your own butter?

Not saying I bought a cow, tied a red bandana around my head and got up in the wee hours of the morning to milk the animal and churn the butter. No, no, no. Even I have my limits. But really, all you need to quickly whip up a genuine, fantastic home-made butter is heavy cream and a food processor. That’s it.

I don’t use butter in large quantities -never have and never will- but even I can’t pass up a warm, toasty piece of bread smeared with a little bit of heaven.

The flavor is so light, delicate and fresh (so unlike anything store bought) I promise you’ll be hooked after just one bite. It’s quite an experience. When serving this at get-togethers I’m constantly asked where on earth I buy my butter. I just mumble some vague non-existing company name, throw in a charming smile, take another bite and keep them guessing. That’s the fun part!
http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/?tag=homemade-butter
Once, when I was a teenager on the farm, the compressor on the bulk tank broke but the agitator thought that it was on and by the time we found out, we had two ton of butter. That was a mess to clean up.

-Mike

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:28 pm

Love Biscuts; Sourdough Biscuts, Jalapeno Biscuts, Onion Biscuts, Any Biscuits.......

DSMBaptist
Perma-Newb™
Location: Destroying the New World Order and putting NEOCONS in their place!

Post by DSMBaptist » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:45 pm

falvegas wrote:Love Biscuts; Sourdough Biscuts, Jalapeno Biscuts, Onion Biscuts, Any Biscuits.......
"My Biscuits are burning!"

http://www.pictogame.com/play/game/rsBDzwEAlFdx
:laugh: :laugh:

(It IS NOT necessary to be understand French to play this game, but it can't hurt!)

DSMBaptist
Perma-Newb™
Location: Destroying the New World Order and putting NEOCONS in their place!

Post by DSMBaptist » Wed May 13, 2009 4:13 am

I tried this recipe for the umpteenth time yesterday using whole wheat flour, and it is just as good that way! :thumbsup: