Thanksgiving Menus, Recipes, and Ideas

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Thanksgiving Menus, Recipes, and Ideas

Post by Pixie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:24 pm

Falvegas,

You have truly honored me by including two of my recipes in your menu!

I would expect nothing less than that you would modify the recipes as all great cooks do when adapting a recipe to their repertoire!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that your menu is not complete and I will await the rest!!!!!!!! My sister and I are having lunch tomorrow and may be able to complete our 2008 menu!!!!!!!!!!

Are you like me and you keep copies of your holiday menus forever!!!!!! :)

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:35 pm

PIXIE: To answer your question, the Thanksgiving Lobsters will be Par-Boiled, split, buttered then Grilled, and cut into chunks to serve with the Fondue and the Vermouth/Lemon/Butter (used for Both). The Fondue is a classic Emmental/Jarlsberg/Gruyère with Kirsch. It will be served with the Bread & Lobster Cubes, separate Fondue’s.

The original (full dinner) Lobster Recipe is from my childhood. The full recipe is mostly my own but here’s an outline. It’s from memory, but if you want details I’ll post it.

Full Lobster Diner Ingredients
Lobsters
Corn (one ear per person)
Unsalted Butter (clarify I full lb in a jar)
Lemons (2 per lobster)
Corn (one ear per person)
Vermouth (1-cup, reduced in a sauce pan slightly)
Kale (for dressing the serving platter) One or two bunches.
Champaign
French bread
Lots of big bowls and shell fish crackers

Procedure
A. CORN: Cook Ears of Corn & set aside
B. LEMON/VERMOUTH BUTTER: Add Squeeze of ½-lemon into Clarified Butter
Stir about 3 to 4 TBS Vermouth into Clarified Butter, and stir well.

C. LOBSTERS: In a large stock pot add cut lemons, peppercorns, and lots of Salt. Boil rapidly.
One Lobster per person is boiled (always insert Lobsters head first in rapidly boiling water) one at a time, no more than 2 to a large stock pot. Repeat as necessary. Usually 9 to 12 minutes for a Chicken Lobster 1 to 1 ½ lbs.

Immediately place the lobsters under running cold water to cool. In the sink, lay them against a cutting board, slit the tails down the middle lengthwise and drain out the liquid, squeezing it with your hands. Crack the Claws.

D. SERVING: Pour a few quarts of the (very hot) liquid from the Lobster Pot (C.) through a fine Sieve into a large container. Keep this Hot.

You’ll have to visualize the following, read carefully.

Take 2-Bowls (one at least 16 to 18 inches diameter (like a pasta bowl, not too deep), the other a Soup Bowl)

Pour the Hot Lobster Liquid (D.) into the Large Bowl a few inches from the top.
ADD Butter Mix (B) into smaller Bowl, Insert smaller Bowl into Large (previous)
Note: The purpose of this is (at the Table) each person will swish the lobster pieces in the HOT Liquid to heat and clean, then dip pieces in the hot Butter to eat. The Hot Liquid will keep the butter warm. So this bowl ensemble will be at the center of the table.

E. PRESENTATION: Place Kale leaves around a very large serving platter, lay Lobsters on platter, and surround with wedges of fresh lemon. Place Corn in large Serving Bowl, brush w/butter.
Bring everything to the table and uncork the Champagne.

This can be served with French Bread or/and with a platter of Fettuccine with a simple Butter/Parsley sauce.

Notes: You’ll need newspapers covering the Table, several Lobster Crackers spread around for guests to crack the lobster, Several Large Bowls or double Paper Bags on the floor at table corners to throw the cracked Lobster shells in. This is an elegant meal where the guests must be relaxed in a semi-messy country-like setting. It is a lot of fun.

And Here’s the Pumpkin Muffin Recipes

Pumpkin Apple Muffins
(For a crowd can make smaller (mini-muffins); cut bake time by 5 minutes)

Streusel Topping
3-TBS AP Flour (unbleached)
1/4-Cup Sugar
1/2-Tsp Cinnamon (ground)
2-TBS cold unsalted Butter (in pieces)

Muffins
2 1/2 -Cups AP Flour (unbleached)
2-Cups Sugar
1-Tsp Cinnamon (ground)
1-Tsp Ginger (ground)
1/2-Tsp Cloves (ground)
1/2-Tsp Nutmeg (ground)
1-Tsp Bak0ing Soda
1/2-Tsp Salt
2-Eggs, Lightly Beaten
1-Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/2-Cup Vegetable Oil
2-Cups Apples, peeled & finely chopped

Procedure
Preheat Oven to 350 F Deg. Butter 18 Muffin cups or line them with muffin paper.

Topping
Stir 1st 3 ingredients.
Cut in the cold Butter pieces until like coarse meal.

Muffins
1.) In large Bowl, mix Flour, Sugar, Spices, Soda & Salt
2.) In Medium Bowl Whisk Eggs, Pumpkin & Oil
3.) Add 2.) into 1.) and Stir until dry ingredients are moist
4.) Stir in the Apples
5.) Fill muffin cups 2/3 Full
6.) Sprinkle about 1-1/2 Tsp. Streusel topping on each muffin
7.) Bake 35 to 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean

Pumpkin Muffins W/Crystallized Ginger & Ginger Glaze
18 standard muffins.
Ingredients
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
3 large eggs
1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon mild-flavored (light) molasses
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger, divided
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons (or more) water

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray 6 giant (1 1/4-cup) muffin cups or 18 standard (1/3-cup) muffin cups with nonstick spray. Sift flour, ginger, baking soda, and salt into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat 1 cup sugar and oil in large bowl to blend. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, blending well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin, 1/2 cup molasses, buttermilk, and 1/4 cup crystallized ginger. Stir in flour mixture until just blended.

Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes for giant muffins and 30 minutes for standard muffins. Transfer muffins to rack; cool completely.

Whisk powdered sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons water, and 1 tablespoon molasses in medium bowl, adding more water as needed to form thick glaze.

Dip muffin tops in glaze; transfer to rack, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup crystallized ginger. Let stand until glaze is set, about 1 hour.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:41 pm

Oh, my mouth is watering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARVELOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I can't wait to try the lobster/fondue recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I promise I'll let you know although it may be after the holidays!!!!!!!!

:pixie: :pixie

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Pixie wrote:Oh, my mouth is watering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MARVELOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I can't wait to try the lobster/fondue recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I promise I'll let you know although it may be after the holidays!!!!!!!!

:pixie: :pixie
It's a pretty good consideration for Chritsmas Eve or New Years. I almost decided on a Lobster Soufflé for brunch...but it takes up too much valuable time for Thanksgiving (Jacques Pépin recipe). Setting up a couple of Fondue pots isn't a big deal, and the stuff that goes with them is a no-brainer. The genuine Cheeses are expensive.

Actually the Fondue W/bread, and the Lobster W/Vermouth/Lemon Butter can be done separately but also shared. One needs to take out a loan to feed a crowd with lobsters these days, fortunately my Brother get's them for $6/Lb. where I in the southwest have to pay $15/Lb.

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH:

Christmas-Eve-Day Dinner is usually the 'Full Lobster Dinner' which I provided in here.
Christmas-Day Dinner is usually 'Roasted Prime Rib' with traditional fixings: Vichyssoise, Yorkshire Pudding, traditional Potatoes, bowls of Au Jus, Creme Brulee, etc.
New Years Eve is usually a Southwest Buffet, a sort of 'Spanish Tapas'; Louisiana Etouffee's, Pazole, Empanada’s, Chili Blanco & Chili Verde, and Salsa's, just a lot of Southwest finger foods. 'Tapas' is not a food bar concept or fast food, it's a Buffet designed specifically for socialization. It's a social experience. At this point my eastern relatives will be gone.

GoodBoy
...is a Good Boy
Location: I will Pray for Obama... Prayer triumphs over anger.

Post by GoodBoy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:25 am

I kept thinking.."Lobster Crackers?" can't ya use regular saltines? Then I got a clue..

I wish I could pull something like this off but I'd need a classier family first.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:11 am

GoodBoy wrote:I kept thinking.."Lobster Crackers?" can't ya use regular saltines? Then I got a clue..

I wish I could pull something like this off but I'd need a classier family first.

I hear you. There are foods today that are so expensive one needs family cooperation to pitch in and usually it can be enjoyed only on festive occasions. But families can create very festive meals with shell fish other than Lobster, beef roasts other than Prime Rib, of course Turkey, and other main course presentaions with one of America's favorites, Ham.

Sorry! This is the 'Cracker' I was referring to:

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:12 am

falvegas wrote:[quote="ConsrvYank1Maybe you should apply for a position as head chef at the White House. They may be looking for new help soon. :lol:
Seriously, are you a professional chef or just a very talented cook?
Professional Chef? In my dreams! I'm light years away from being a chef. I'm just a guy who must cook to eat, eat to live, and learned that you might as well enjoy it along the way. I make it fun, at least I try to, and there’s a crowd of us who cook together. Life is too short not to enjoy what we do. I have some pretty good cook books and recordings by some of the best; Paul Bocuse, Jack Pepin, Hubert Keller, Wolfgang Puck, Julia Child & Simone Beck et al. My preferential cuisines are; Southwest, Country French, Louisiana Cajun & Creole, Native New England, and Chesapeake Bay Area.[/quote]

I don't believe you. I think you are Emeril in disguise. :mrgreen:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:08 pm

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
falvegas wrote:[quote="ConsrvYank1Maybe you should apply for a position as head chef at the White House. They may be looking for new help soon. :lol:
Seriously, are you a professional chef or just a very talented cook?
Professional Chef? In my dreams! I'm light years away from being a chef. I'm just a guy who must cook to eat, eat to live, and learned that you might as well enjoy it along the way. I make it fun, at least I try to, and there’s a crowd of us who cook together. Life is too short not to enjoy what we do. I have some pretty good cook books and recordings by some of the best; Paul Bocuse, Jack Pepin, Hubert Keller, Wolfgang Puck, Julia Child & Simone Beck et al. My preferential cuisines are; Southwest, Country French, Louisiana Cajun & Creole, Native New England, and Chesapeake Bay Area.
I don't believe you. I think you are Emeril in disguise. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Please No, don't compare me with him. Actually he isn't that bad but he's not included in those I really admire, those I learned a lot from. I once sent a correction and an improvement to Emeril on his Shrimp Etouffee Recipe. The guy did change it, I watched him do it, but he never acknowledged what I sent him.

Besides, I rarely take accolades with aplomb.....

Margie

Post by Margie » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:30 pm

You're a guy, ConsrvYank1! :shock:

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:16 pm

Margie wrote:You're a guy, ConsrvYank1! :shock:
Hold on a sec Margie, let me check.

:umno:

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:12 pm

:wave: Margie!

Margie what you saw was a confusing of posts! When either Falvegas or ConsrvYank1 quoted the posts got mixed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :)

:givehug:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:03 pm

You guys lost me.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:12 pm

falvegas wrote:You guys lost me.

:wave: Falvegas!

If you look back a couple of posts you'll see that your post and ConSrvYank's posts were confused and you made the statement that you are a guy but it looks like ConSrvYank is saying it... Margie read the mixed up post and thought that ConSrvYank is a man.

I'm not sure I made it any clearer!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

I'm meeting with my sister in a little while and I think we can complete our menu!!!!!!!

:pixie:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:29 pm

Pixie wrote:
falvegas wrote:You guys lost me.

:wave: Falvegas!

If you look back a couple of posts you'll see that your post and ConSrvYank's posts were confused and you made the statement that you are a guy but it looks like ConSrvYank is saying it... Margie read the mixed up post and thought that ConSrvYank is a man.

I'm not sure I made it any clearer!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

I'm meeting with my sister in a little while and I think we can complete our menu!!!!!!!

:pixie:
I see the confusion...thanks.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Thanksgiving 2008

Crostini with Blue Cheese Spread
Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese
Bruschetta with White Beans & Olive Oil

2 - 12Lb. Turkeys
1- Traditional Turkey w/butter & Sage
1 – Plum Glazed Turkey

Cornbread, Herb & Onion Stuffing
Dried Cranberry, Apricot, & Fig Dressing

Warm Spinach Salad with Roasted Pecan and Bacon Dressing with Goat Cheese
Pear & Blue Cheese Salad with Hazelnut Vinaigrette

Buttermilk Biscuits
Cranberry Muffins
Cornbread

Mashed Gold Potatoes with Caramelized Shallots – Courtesy of Falvegas
Yams with Maple Syrup and Maple Sugar Streusel

Roasted Stuffed Onions
Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Apple Pie
Pumpkin Soufflé w/Maple Syrup Sauce
Pecan Pie

Homemade Cinnamon Ice Cream courtesy of my brother-in-law Don
Homemade Whipping Cream (used on the Pecan Pie and the Pumpkin Soufflé w/Maple Syrup Sauce
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Well, there will be changes but this is as close to final as we can be at this time! :)

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:30 pm

Excellent, just simply excellent, Pixie.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:25 am

falvegas wrote:Excellent, just simply excellent, Pixie.

Thank you! :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: You've made my day!!!!!!!!! :)

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:10 am

Plum-Glazed Roast Turkey with Spinach, Bacon, and Cashew Stuffing and Plum Gravy

I will post the Spinach, Bacon, and Cashew stuffing recipe tomorrow when I post the Stuffed Onions recipe.

For glazed turkey
1/2 cup plum jam or red currant jelly (6 oz)
2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
2 tablespoons water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 (12- to 14-lb) turkey, any feathers and quills removed with tweezers or needlenose pliers, and neck and giblets (excluding liver) reserved for making stock
5 to 7 cups spinach, bacon, and cashew stuffing (see stuffed onions recipe)
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted

For plum gravy
Pan juices from roast turkey
About 3 1/2 cups turkey giblet stock
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/4 cup plum jam or red currant jelly (3 oz)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour

Make glaze and roast turkey:
Preheat oven to 425°F.

Simmer jam, five-spice powder, peppercorns, water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan, stirring, until jam is melted, about 3 minutes. Pour glaze through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl, pressing on and discarding solids, then cool.

Rinse turkey inside and out and pat dry. Season inside and out with remaining teaspoon salt. Loosely fill large body cavity (and neck cavity if desired) with stuffing and tie drumsticks together with string. Fold neck skin under body and secure with skewers, then tuck wings under.

Put turkey on a rack set in a large flameproof roasting pan and roast in middle of oven 30 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.

Brush melted butter over turkey and roast, basting every 30 minutes (add a little water to pan if juices get too dark), 1 1/2 hours.

Brush turkey with plum glaze and continue to roast until thermometer inserted in center of body cavity (stuffing) registers 165°F (fleshy part of thigh will be about 180°F; do not touch bone), 1 to 1 3/4 hours more. If glaze starts browning too much, tent turkey with foil. (Total roasting time: 3 to 3 3/4 hours.)

Transfer turkey to a platter (do not clean roasting pan), then remove skewers and discard string. Transfer stuffing from cavity to a serving dish and keep warm, covered. Let turkey stand 30 minutes.

Make gravy while turkey stands:
Transfer pan juices to a 2-quart glass measure, then skim fat, reserving 3 tablespoons of it. Add enough turkey stock to pan juices to total 4 1/2 cups. Straddle roasting pan across 2 burners, then add wine and deglaze pan by boiling over moderately high heat, stirring and scraping up brown bits, until wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add stock mixture and jam and boil, stirring, until jam is melted. Pour through fine-mesh sieve into glass measure.

Whisk together reserved fat and flour in a large heavy saucepan (it will be about the thickness of peanut butter) and cook roux over moderately low heat, stirring, 3 minutes. Add hot stock mixture in a fast stream, whisking constantly to prevent lumps, and simmer, whisking occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in turkey juices accumulated on platter and simmer 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.

Serve turkey with gravy.

note:
If you choose not to cook your stuffing inside the bird, your turkey will take less time to roast(thigh should register at least 170 degrees F).

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:43 am

Pixie wrote:
If you choose not to cook your stuffing inside the bird, your turkey will take less time to roast(thigh should register at least 170 degrees F).
That is true, but then it won't taste as good either.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:57 am

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
Pixie wrote:
That is true, but then it won't taste as good either.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: I agree 100%!!!!! I grew up on stuffing and the only way it gets to be dressing is if I made too much to fit in the turkey!!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:wave: ConSrvYank1!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Margie

Post by Margie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:29 pm

Pixie wrote:

:wave: Margie!

Margie what you saw was a confusing of posts! When either Falvegas or ConsrvYank1 quoted the posts got mixed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :)

:givehug:
Thanks, Pixie! :teehee:

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:03 pm

ConsrvYank1 wrote:
Pixie wrote:
Actually, it doesn't make any difference whether one 'Stuffs' or 'Doesn't Stuff', as long as the rules are followed i.e. one takes all the precautions. I stuffed my birds for years because my parents did. Then I grew up (sort of) and asked myself...why am I doing this? But what are the basic rules?
** 1st and foremost, 'do not' slow roast the bird below 325 F Deg. Don't make a cavity for bacteria.
** Always cool the stuffing down before placing it in the bird so the bacteria won't build when placed in the bird.
** Always stuff the bird right before placing it in the oven so bacteria won't build. And it can build very quickly.
** Be sure the 'Center of the Stuffing' reaches 155 F Deg before you take out the bird. It'll rise to 160 F+ Deg once out.
** Always remove the stuffing from the bird right after it's settled, after completion. This is rarely perfect.

For me it was the safety considerations, and it was the option to 'Bake the Stuffing Separately', a personal decision.
Through the years I've baked many un-stuffed birds, and I knew it was cooking from the inside as well as the outside. I'd have to watch and measure it frequently, and poke holes in it with the gauge to ensure the temperature was balanced. Sometimes this worked well, sometimes not. And juices ran from the holes in the bird.

SO.. I decided several years ago to 'Stuff the Bird with Anything' I wanted then throw it out after it was cooked. I chopped up all the onion, carrot, celery, citrus skins, parsley ends, and so on which I would have thrown out as swill. I seasoned them as a stuffing, and stuffed the bird with them. When the bird was done, I threw all that out.

So, I made my stuffing on the side. AND, it allowed me to make the stuffing while the Turkey was cooking in the oven or before.

What I found was that once that 'throw away stuffing' was 150 to 155 F Deg the bird was just right, and the process was simple, and I didn't poke any holes in the breast or thigh to let the juices run out.

So, hey, to each his own as long as one thinks of the rules.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:51 pm

Falvegas,

As with everything else you have provided us with invaluable information!

I have stuffed every bird I've ever cooked and, of course, my mother always stuffed her birds. We've never had a problem and I think the juices from the turkey that soak into the stuffing makes it wonderful... now that may all be in my head! But that's why I stuff my bird.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:58 pm

Pixie wrote:Falvegas,

As with everything else you have provided us with invaluable information!

I have stuffed every bird I've ever cooked and, of course, my mother always stuffed her birds. We've never had a problem and I think the juices from the turkey that soak into the stuffing makes it wonderful... now that may all be in my head! But that's why I stuff my bird.
That's OK. As I said, to each his own, as long as safety rules are followed. You can consider that if you make the Stuffing after the bird is in the oven you can use some of the roast pan drippings to make the Stuffing.
Last edited by falvegas on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:13 pm

That's a very good idea!!!!!!!!!

When will you start your shopping? My sister and I will start this weekend for the non-perishables.

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Pixie wrote:That's a very good idea!!!!!!!!!

When will you start your shopping? My sister and I will start this weekend for the non-perishables.
Pix, all I've done so far is to order the Ducks, the Turkey, and Chestnuts. I'll likely get the Block Cheeses for the Fondue in a week or so. I've picked up a few of the non-perishable things here and there but nothing to make a real dent. I have all the home-made Stocks in my freezer I'll need as long as I don't burn through them over the next few weeks...I doubt it.

I guess it'll be business as usual. By the time my brothers and sisters get here, it'll be a Chinese Fire-Drill. We'll spend days looking for the things that may be limited just before the big day. The vegetables will all be pretty much 'a mass rush' the week before.

As you well realize, a Plan is one thing, execution is everything.

ConsrvYank1

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:49 am

Pixie wrote:That's a very good idea!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it amazing how much time it takes to plan for, shop and create a meal, and it only takes about an hour to consume it? :sad:

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:04 am

That is so true! My sister and I plan for a month shop for weeks and cook for days! And, as you say in an hour the meal is over!

Although, we go back and eat at least one more time that day! :lolh:

:wave: ConSrvYank1!!!!

falvegas

Post by falvegas » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:38 am

Pixie wrote:That is so true! My sister and I plan for a month shop for weeks and cook for days! And, as you say in an hour the meal is over!

Although, we go back and eat at least one more time that day! :lolh:

:wave: ConSrvYank1!!!!
I know. We should have a post for creative ideas on 'leftovers'. You know, things maybe beyond the vanilla turkey noodle soup, and sandwiches.

Pixie

Post by Pixie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:40 am

That's a brilliant idea!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: