Redneck Brats

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
BigRedneckRob
Too big for my britches!

Redneck Brats

Post by BigRedneckRob » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:09 pm

I'm sharin this other places, so I thought I'd share it here, too.

Redneck Brats

Whatever kinda brats you want. Sweet, hot, what the hell ever you prefer.

Wrap brats in bacon slices.
Yeah, I never said this was good for ya.
Use toothpicks to hold the bacon on if you want.
Put brats wrapped in bacon on smoker for however long it takes um to get done. Mine are usually there in around 3-4 hours. You can dump some worcestershire sauce and other seasoning on them if you want, while they are smokin. I always use hickory chips for the smoker, because the mesquite ones just suck hind tit.

In the meantime, in a crock pot ON HIGH put the following:

Bout a half to one cup of diced onions. Same amount green peppers, jalapenos, carrots and taters (that's southern for potatos). Add about a quart or two of hot water. Crock pots are slow stupid, they need all the help they can get. Then dump you in however much of the followin you like...and none if you don't. Garlic salt, garlic pepper, garlic powder. Yeah, we like garlic. Bout 5 strips of bacon, and about 1/4 cup of bacon grease. That's right, we know how to cook down here. Worcestershire sauce. Really, if you leave any of this out, it'll suck, but if you wanna be a pansy ass, that's your choice. Let all this get goin good while the brats are smokin. Best time to do all this is first thing in the mornin, cause like I said, crock pots are slow. Stupid.

After the brats get done, bring um in and slop um in the crock pot with all the rest. You can tell it's ready to eat when the taters are done. They will usually be done right around supper time if you start all this first thing in the mornin. See above explanation for what taters are if you forgot. Now, I always go out and dump some Tobasco sauce on the brats while they're smokin. It doesn't make um as hot as you might think so don't be a sissie. I don't think I left anything out. I fix this dish kinda regularly....actually I got it goin RIGHT now. I just made this dish up one day while I was tryin to think of something I could fix for supper to help my wife out. It turned out real good, cause anytime you do something for somebody else, it's always good.

Last edited by BigRedneckRob on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien

Post by tattulip » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Sounds good but I make my brats like this:

First - buy Johnsonville brats - they are the best IMO

Put them in a pan and cover them with beer (go ahead and have one or two while they cook) and one sliced onion. Cook until brats are almost done. Then grill them for 5 minutes or so. These are mmmm mmmm good! I always eat mine with horseradish mustard, sauerkraut and onion. DELICIOUS!

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:20 pm

iamlookingup wrote::drool::love:

No wonder I'm fat. :noparty:
Just from reading the recipes? :laugh:

No, you are not fat. Repeat after me "I am not fat...."

College Boy
You can call me College Professor Boy
Location: Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain.

Post by College Boy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:30 pm

I used to know a lot of redneck brats when I was a boy on the farm.

-Mike

BigRedneckRob
Too big for my britches!

Post by BigRedneckRob » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:38 pm

iamlookingup wrote::drool::love:

No wonder I'm fat. :noparty:
I thought you were kinda smokin, myself......but that's just me.