baking

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
College Boy
You can call me College Professor Boy
Location: Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain.

baking

Post by College Boy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:07 pm

Now that I have a (hopefully) functional oven, I bought a one of those thing in the refrigerator section where you peel the carboard off, put the precut dough on a cookie sheet and bake it. I also bought a cookie sheet. I don't know when I will actually use it, but I am excited about my impending foray into baking.

-Mike

Pixie
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Pixie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:41 pm

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

You'll get hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

ToBeannounced

Re: baking

Post by ToBeannounced » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:56 pm

college boy wrote:Now that I have a (hopefully) functional oven, I bought a one of those thing in the refrigerator section where you peel the carboard off, put the precut dough on a cookie sheet and bake it. I also bought a cookie sheet. I don't know when I will actually use it, but I am excited about my impending foray into baking.

-Mike
Chocolate chip aren't they? You know you can put 2 or 3 into the bottom of a ramekin (or any small oven-proof dish) and bake them for 2 minutes short of the time recommended on the package, let them cool for 3 - 4 minutes and then put a scoop of ice cream on top. Heavenly! Better than most any fancy pants dessert you will find anywhere. You have my word on that.

College Boy

Post by College Boy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:01 pm

ToBeannounced wrote:
college boy wrote:Now that I have a (hopefully) functional oven, I bought a one of those thing in the refrigerator section where you peel the carboard off, put the precut dough on a cookie sheet and bake it. I also bought a cookie sheet. I don't know when I will actually use it, but I am excited about my impending foray into baking.
Chocolate chip aren't they? You know you can put 2 or 3 into the bottom of a ramekin (or any small oven-proof dish) and bake them for 2 minutes short of the time recommended on the package, let them cool for 3 - 4 minutes and then put a scoop of ice cream on top. Heavenly! Better than most any fancy pants dessert you will find anywhere. You have my word on that.
I skipped the cookies because I can't afford new pants. I just got some dinner biscuits. I figure that should be easy to start with.

-Mike

ToBeannounced

Post by ToBeannounced » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:01 pm

college boy wrote:
ToBeannounced wrote:
I skipped the cookies because I can't afford new pants. I just got some dinner biscuits. I figure that should be easy to start with.

-Mike
Yes, those are verrrrry easy! Promise me you'll try the chocolate chip cookie thing sometime. You will not regret it.

College Boy

Post by College Boy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:10 pm

ToBeannounced wrote:
college boy wrote:
ToBeannounced wrote:
Yes, those are verrrrry easy! Promise me you'll try the chocolate chip cookie thing sometime. You will not regret it.
Maybe after my exercise bike comes in.

-Mike

ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:30 pm

-Mike
Glad to see you here Mike. :mrgreen:

ToBeannounced

Post by ToBeannounced » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:34 pm

Yay Mike! Yay Mike! Yay Mike!

:stars:

College Boy

Post by College Boy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:52 pm

Back in my Silicon Valley days (known to you as the Nineties) I didn't cook at all. I didn't do much takeout, either. I always ate out. At LSI there was a cafeteria, so that helped. At Ikos we organized to review the local restaurants for lunches. I learned where I could get a three-course Chinese meal for $4. Now I would rather cook my own food.

-Mike

ToBeannounced

Post by ToBeannounced » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:11 pm

college boy wrote:Back in my Silicon Valley days (known to you as the Nineties) I didn't cook at all. I didn't do much takeout, either. I always ate out. At LSI there was a cafeteria, so that helped. At Ikos we organized to review the local restaurants for lunches. I learned where I could get a three-course Chinese meal for $4. Now I would rather cook my own food.

-Mike
Good for you!

College Boy

Post by College Boy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:15 pm

ToBeannounced wrote:
college boy wrote:Back in my Silicon Valley days (known to you as the Nineties) I didn't cook at all. I didn't do much takeout, either. I always ate out. At LSI there was a cafeteria, so that helped. At Ikos we organized to review the local restaurants for lunches. I learned where I could get a three-course Chinese meal for $4. Now I would rather cook my own food.
Good for you!
I miss that Chinese restaurant, though. SUNY IT plans on having me doing a lot of traveling, so maybe I will swing through the Cupertino area again. Of course they might not even exist anymore. I used to take my girlfriend there.

-Mike