My favorite Christmas cookie

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
Post Reply
Anonymous

My favorite Christmas cookie

Post by Anonymous » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:28 am

Pecan Tassies

Tassie Shells
►1-8 oz. package of cream cheese
►1/2 cup margarine, soften at room temp.
►1 cup sifted flour

Blend softened cream cheese and margarine. Mix flour and chill for at least one hour. Shape into 24 or more little balls and place in small muffin tins. Press around cup with finger to shape.

Tassie Filling
►1 cup Missouri Pecans
►2 eggs, beaten
►1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
►1 teaspoon vanilla
►1 tablespoon butter

Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and butter. Place a good tablespoon of filling (do not overfill) into the already-formed shells in the muffin tin. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes. Let sit in tins for a few minutes and then remove and let cool on wire racks.

These are time-consuming, folks, but worth it. They are why I am back on Atkins dropping ten pounds for the month of December in preparation for my baking to commence, lol. You'll notice, BTW, I specified BUTTER, not margarine. And use REAL vanilla extract. Imitation extract may save you a lot of money but it's an abomination. Don't be cheap at Christmas. Oh, and I generally make a quadruple recipe.

User avatar
ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps
Posts: 19546
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:47 am
Location: Connecticut Yankee
Contact:

Re: My favorite Christmas cookie

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:29 am

Capt.Herp wrote:Pecan Tassies

Tassie Shells
►1-8 oz. package of cream cheese
►1/2 cup margarine, soften at room temp.
►1 cup sifted flour

Blend softened cream cheese and margarine. Mix flour and chill for at least one hour. Shape into 24 or more little balls and place in small muffin tins. Press around cup with finger to shape.

Tassie Filling
►1 cup Missouri Pecans
►2 eggs, beaten
►1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
►1 teaspoon vanilla
►1 tablespoon butter

Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and butter. Place a good tablespoon of filling (do not overfill) into the already-formed shells in the muffin tin. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes. Let sit in tins for a few minutes and then remove and let cool on wire racks.

These are time-consuming, folks, but worth it. They are why I am back on Atkins dropping ten pounds for the month of December in preparation for my baking to commence, lol. You'll notice, BTW, I specified BUTTER, not margarine. And use REAL vanilla extract. Imitation extract may save you a lot of money but it's an abomination. Don't be cheap at Christmas. Oh, and I generally make a quadruple recipe.
Those sound really good, as I love anything with either brown sugar or lemon in them. But no way in hell am I traveling to Missouri for the pecans. So, I will just use whatever pecans I can find. :lol:

How are you able to bake anything with your kitchen torn apart? :shock:

I agree about the butter and the vanilla.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:23 am

LOL any pecans will do. Just buy the pieces.

Next up: Swedish tea rings, and the sugar cookie recipe used by the wife of former Chief Justice William Rehnquist (they were friends of Kalia's mom).

User avatar
Priscilla
Posts: 2161
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Dallas, Mexico..er, I mean TEXAS!

Post by Priscilla » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:05 pm

iamlookingup wrote: My other favorite is the Peanut Butter Blossom cookies with the hershey kisses. :drool:
Oh yes! Those are our daughter's favorite. In fact, it's the same type of cookies we leave out for Santa every year. (Even though our 12 year-old daughter stopped believing in Santa 3 years ago. Maybe she thinks she'll still get everything for which shes asks if she continues!) :lol:

User avatar
tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Posts: 28550
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:00 am
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien
Contact:

Post by tattulip » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:42 am

Molasses Cookies

1 1/2 c shortening
2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c molasses
4 c flour
4 tsp soda
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Cream shortening, sugar and vanilla. Mix in eggs and molasses. Add flour, soda, cloves, ginger, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.

In a small bowl make a mixture of sugar and cinnamon and pa pinch of salt. Form dough into balls about the size of a walnut and roll in sugar mixture.'
Place on cookie sheet. Do not flatten. Bat at 350 for 9-10 minutes or until done.

4 dozen

User avatar
jjjen
Posts: 2586
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:22 pm
Location: The Lord is my shepherd, that's all I want

Post by jjjen » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:56 pm

iamlookingup wrote:Thanks to the Capt, I make the Pecan Tassies, too.

My other favorite is the Peanut Butter Blossom cookies with the hershey kisses. :drool:
...or the Peanut Butter cookies that you press into mini-muffin tins and then bake them and while they are still warm press a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Mini into the middle. :drool:

User avatar
ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps
Posts: 19546
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:47 am
Location: Connecticut Yankee
Contact:

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:43 pm

jjjen wrote:
iamlookingup wrote:Thanks to the Capt, I make the Pecan Tassies, too.

My other favorite is the Peanut Butter Blossom cookies with the hershey kisses. :drool:
...or the Peanut Butter cookies that you press into mini-muffin tins and then bake them and while they are still warm press a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Mini into the middle. :drool:
Well, I just went to Target today to buy the mini muffin pan for the Pecan Tassies. So I guess I can use this pan for the Peanut Butter cookies. Ok, who has the recipe for that one?

User avatar
Doodles
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:56 pm

Post by Doodles » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:13 pm

I have a super easy recipe for the peanut butter kiss cookies, but you won't need a mini muffin tin.
1 cup of peanut butter (I use Jiff)
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 tsp of vanilla
24 chocolate kisses

cream together the peanut butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, beat until blended. Roll into 1 1/4" balls. Bake at 350 deg for 10-12 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked. Immediately press one chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

These taste so good and are much easier than the "old' recipe

User avatar
ConsrvYank1
The DLH specializing in Broken Kneecaps
Posts: 19546
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:47 am
Location: Connecticut Yankee
Contact:

Post by ConsrvYank1 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:45 pm

iamlookingup wrote:
Doodles wrote:I have a super easy recipe for the peanut butter kiss cookies, but you won't need a mini muffin tin.
1 cup of peanut butter (I use Jiff)
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 tsp of vanilla
24 chocolate kisses

cream together the peanut butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, beat until blended. Roll into 1 1/4" balls. Bake at 350 deg for 10-12 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked. Immediately press one chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

These taste so good and are much easier than the "old' recipe
Really? No flour? :shock:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

User avatar
Doodles
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:56 pm

Post by Doodles » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:14 am

well, I suppose you could have these:
:lovenhugs:

User avatar
VonHelton
Posts: 7111
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: Right behind you.........

Post by VonHelton » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:55 am


Post Reply