Puerco Pibil is "To Die For"

Our Permanent Collection of CC Member's Favorite Recipes....
red s tater

Puerco Pibil is "To Die For"

Post by red s tater » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:31 am

In the Movie "Once Upon A Time In Mexico", the CIA agent played by Johnny Depp orders his favorite dish Puerco Pibil... upon discovering one Chef who makes an exceptional version of this dish, Depp must kill the chef to maintain the "balance" because that is what he does, maintain the balance.

If you want to have your guests killing each other to get to your house, prepare this wonderful aromatic recipe... it's "to die for".

LINK

I have made this several times and have added some of my secrets and tips for perfect Puerco Pibil. (Pork marinated in a spicy Annato seed sauce and baked slowly in a package made of banana leaves.

The aroma and presentation of this dish alone are worth the effort, but once you taste it.... you'll be hooked for life (or death).

tattulip
Meum cerebrum nocet
Location: “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” Tolkien

Post by tattulip » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:42 pm

oooh, my mouth is watering. Maybe that was just the pics on of Antonia Banderas though. :hubahuba:

red s tater

Post by red s tater » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:39 am

Selma Hayek ain't too shabby either...
http://www.the-planets.com/star-biograp ... graphy.htm
Very spicy though...
:shock:

SuzyQcsu

Post by SuzyQcsu » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:56 am

tattulip wrote:oooh, my mouth is watering. Maybe that was just the pics on of Antonia Banderas though. :hubahuba:

Have ya heard the man sing?? *sigh*

Fast forward to the 3 min mark.

and another one